Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a pax tonight that I was b.s. ing with and closed his fare out and BAM IMMEDIATELY i got another ping. Uhhh I had to pee like a racehorse, so I canceled, but maybe I was supposed to pee in one of the barf bags that I have and Uber on....

Seriously, they need to fix that. I sure don't mind one ping after another but let me catch my breath first!!
(Or allow me to log out to pee!!!)

*grumble*

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Take every chance to pee.
In San Diego we have many public parks. They all have public rest rooms.
I use them every time I pass one if there is the slightest chance I need to use one.

In the airport area there are several places to use the rest room.
The beach area is the same.

In the big city there is always Micky D's in an emergency.

I plan ahead for evacuation of the bladder.

I also don't drink much while working.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Stop and piss for God sake. Have some ****ing dignity and self-respect. Make the ******** wait. How hard is this? If Uber has you so well trained that you won't even stop to piss when you have to, maybe it's time to take a week off and re-evaluate what you are doing with your life. I wouldn't cancel the ride. It's your ride, just make the ungrateful pricks wait.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Actually, mine is the 5* attitude. I have a worse time being in town trying to find a place to pee. At least if I am in the Galleria area, I can go by my office building and due the duty.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I won't cancel the ride. Just stop and pee. It takes one minute. The Pax won't ask why it took you one minute longer.
If they do, you can always say you were stuck at a light.

This is why I like nights, (as a guy) you can pee basically anywhere. There have been times, will I have to pause in the middle, run back into my car, tap my phone, and then continue to pee.

I do have standards. (I usually pee behind the car, with the trunk up so no one is none the wiser.) I keep hand sanitizer in my car, and use it before a pax jumps in, and always get the wow! It smells good in here!

This one guy, when I first started, dropped riders off right in front of me (Midtown apartments) He went to the stop sign, got out, peed right on the corner. I was like really? Don't do that in front of someones window. This was also at about 10pm at night when that area is bustling with pedestrian traffic.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah.. I know I should have made the Pax wait. but it was a first time that had happened, the fast ping, and I didn't think of it. There haver been times it was slow and I will go into Best Buy, Sears Hardware, or somewhere to kill time, get a ping inside, then go out to my car and drive. I actually had one guy call me out and say my GPS location said i was sitting in a parking lot too long and not moving. I just told him that the GPS signal must have been off as why would I sit when I could be picking him up.

Ya know it is almost like Uber is making it like a call center job. ping after ping with no chance of a break or control over how fast one will come in after you arrive... I feel like a robot.. LOL

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ya know it is almost like Uber is making it like a call center job. ping after ping with no chance of a break or control over how fast one will come in after you arrive... I feel like a robot.. LOL
Firstly I WISH it were ping after ping. I'd kill to end a ride have a ping waiting everytime. Currently that's a pipe dream.

As for the bathroom...I have my "spots" based on whatever area of town I'm in. Whole Foods off Kirby near Greenway, Specs in midtown, Kroger in Montrose, UH any building really since all are open to the public.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Firstly I WISH it were ping after ping. I'd kill to end a ride have a ping waiting everytime. Currently that's a pipe dream.

As for the bathroom...I have my "spots" based on whatever area of town I'm in. Whole Foods off Kirby near Greenway, Specs in midtown, Kroger in Montrose, UH any building really since all are open to the public.
Kmiles did mention before that Wednesdays have been really good (people running out of gas). I had some really close pings last night as well to. (A few min between each one, but pretty close non the less) I only did a few rides, but ended up going all over the suburbs. Beltway 8 was a good friend last night.

Grocery Stores are good for the times it is time to do more than pee, but I hate the distance of the walk.

As far as U of H, don't you need a parking permit? Be careful, if you don't have one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts