Not even Monday

10K views 130 replies 17 participants last post by  Chris Dee 
#1 ·
It's not even Monday yet !!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I Live in fort lauderdale But have always driven in Miami/ South Beach
are you driving Uber Select? I don't see how those numbers are possible!
I was sure I knew where all the hot spots were. I don't drive everyday, Just Monday mornings and Thursday-Saturday nights Friday and Saturday I can work 12-15 hours and be lucky to make $125 each night

#7 ·
yea I get that but how do you choose long rides? you can't pick and choose unless you pick someone up find out where they are going and kick them out if its a short ride and get a 1 star, I also drive nights only except monday mornings to do airport drop offs from south beach.
seems like you have been working this morning

#14 ·
The sad part is while it looks good to UBER drivers it is just average at best in the workplace. Looks like about $150 a day working 7 days and god knows how many hours. Take out your expenses and you may be at $100 a day take home which really SUCKS for the wear and tear on your auto and the hours worked.

I guarantee those could detail 2 cars and make more per day and work less hours and far less wear & tear on your auto.

#16 ·
The sad part is while it looks good to UBER drivers it is just average at best in the workplace. Looks like about $150 a day working 7 days and god knows how many hours. Take out your expenses and you may be at $100 a day take home which really SUCKS for the wear and tear on your auto and the hours worked.

I guarantee those could detail 2 cars and make more per day and work less hours and far less wear & tear on your auto.
U don't know wat u talking about gas it's only 150.n I own my car..take home clean like 900 1k after gas. N I have auction license... I bought the car just to do uber. If people were smart they will do the same .

This post has been deleted
#34 ·
basically its as if you drove someone from fort lauderdale to melborn or coral gables to key west or miami to fort myers and you did that 3 times that day! and thats an average maybe you did one 10 mile ride and the others were even longer like maybe miami to orlando and back lol.....impossible

#41 ·
Ubergirl is good, way more flies with sugar than salt...

BTW as for me I rarely work more than 30 hours a week (you saw the report it was 4 days thru Saturday night and I worked like 5-11 pm yesterday.) 6-8 hours a day is plenty with the right trips and a few timely surges.

#44 ·
Maybe if you all provoke him enough he will tell you where he parks lol? Or nah? Getting on his nerves is the sure way to have him invite you. These threads always get ridiculous. Even if someone says and post proof it is possible grown men still need to blame and complain.

Y'all blew it. You might have made a friend who could have thrown you a bone. I'm good. I know what I need to know. Better luck (or manners) next time
Those of us that know how it works also know how much money is made per hour when it is good, and when it is bad. It is clear that if one makes $900 on UberX in Miami that he worked between 80 and 100 hours. There is no way around that. Of course it would be easy to post the proof, but he has failed to do so.

#49 ·
Mondays are great at PBI. I started at 3PM and was first in the queue for Select. I finally got a ping at 5pm, not from the airport but from Ocean Drive South of Southern Blvd. It was a super rich estate on the ocean. Big gates in front and a Palm Beach City cop car visible in the driveway. He opens the gate for me and walks over. In the meantime, I get a call from the Pax. They are 2 miles away at the 4 Seasons: a newbie who didn't know how to center the pin.

I explain this to the cop (working as a security guard part time in uniform?) and head for the 4 Seasons. They are going to the airport of all places! After that trip, there are 2 others in the queue so I went home for almost an hour until nobody (select) was at the airport. I head back and wait until 9 pm when I get a ping from the Hampton down the street. I get there and nobody is there. I get a text they are at the Hilton. What hilton, that's a mile from there? It was the Hilton Garden Inn...I've never been there before and they don't have any signs you can see when you're in front (neither does the Hampton). Another newbie who didn't know X from Select or how to let the app set the pin. I take them to City Place. Total time: 25 minutes and now there are EIGHT Select cars near the airport so I go home. Total gross for the 6.5 hours: $48. Net before expenses: $33 or $5 an hour before the car expenses.

So all you Broward drivers, come North to the Palm Beaches where the X drivers outnumber the population.

#50 ·
Mondays are great at PBI. I started at 3PM and was first in the queue for Select. I finally got a ping at 5pm, not from the airport but from Ocean Drive South of Southern Blvd. It was a super rich estate on the ocean. Big gates in front and a Palm Beach City cop car visible in the driveway. He opens the gate for me and walks over. In the meantime, I get a call from the Pax. They are 2 miles away at the 4 Seasons: a newbie who didn't know how to center the pin.

I explain this to the cop (working as a security guard part time in uniform?) and head for the 4 Seasons. They are going to the airport of all places! After that trip, there are 2 others in the queue so I went home for almost an hour until nobody (select) was at the airport. I head back and wait until 9 pm when I get a ping from the Hampton down the street. I get there and nobody is there. I get a text they are at the Hilton. What hilton, that's a mile from there? It was the Hilton Garden Inn...I've never been there before and they don't have any signs you can see when you're in front (neither does the Hampton). Another newbie who didn't know X from Select or how to let the app set the pin. I take them to City Place. Total time: 25 minutes and now there are EIGHT Select cars near the airport so I go home. Total gross for the 6.5 hours: $48. Net before expenses: $33 or $5 an hour before the car expenses.

So all you Broward drivers, come North to the Palm Beaches where the X drivers outnumber the population.
Oh wow are u a select driver ?

#59 ·
It's called surges!! Can't u people read
My Dearest Tito you have said enough. You posted the info, you said you work the surges yada yada yah. Let the argumentative folks
argue. They will be here all week, umm all year lol (not really funny, rather sad). This is taking away from your down time. Your time which YOU do Not have to think about all things Uber. So what if you work 50 hours, 60 hours, or even 80!!! But if you are catching surges that would allow you to get paid higher and work more like 50 hours, and so what???? Why are they so busy counting your money? You have a car that is without a loan, that you can sell whenever. And then you can go to the auction and buy another. The in between maintenance you make enough each week to cover. I declare you a Hustler! Get it! Uber the eff on! Forget these whiny weak butt males who don't know how to be old school and get that paper! Let them sit here whine, beyatch, and moan. I just don't get men who sound like weak women. Man dafuq up! Reach between your two golf clubs and grab your golfballs lol. Ahaha! So relax, you got this! Enjoy your time off and keep your $$$ on your mind whilst working. Xoxo Maybe I might see you in Miami this weekend, if I am not tired from work. Tito305

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.