Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to try Uber but I don't have a late model car. On the Uber Marketplace[/URL] for Sydney there is a listing for UCar. Which strangely seems to have the same name as an Uber alternative in China. They seem to differ from the others on the Marketplace website because you don't require that you have to pay upfront deposits and there is no minimum term of 1 month. The excess bond only needs to be paid in $50 installments per week (for first 10 weeks = $500).
This seems to better for trying out Uber without spending too much money. But when I searched this site for UCar I could not find any threads. Also with their name being same as Chinese company I mentioned earlier it's difficult to Google.
On their website it has a copyright notice for Ivehicle Solutions Pty Ltd. Searching that indicates the company has only been registered with an ABN since November 2015 and there previous names used to be Ucar Australia Pty Ltd, Ecapital Developments Pty. Ltd.

I was hoping if there was anyone here who has heard of them or used them. And what's their opinion on them. Also are there anything I should watch out for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would stay well clear from Ucar, I was in two accidents when I was clearly not at fault, one occasion I was rear ended by a taxi driver. They still took the excess from me of $2000 and now three months down the track as they don't think they are going to get payment for either incident without going to court, they are trying to get an extra $1000 from me. A bunch of parasites.

·
Premium Member
6,913 Posts
Mate it is sort of true. Drivers who rent from Splend are likely to drive over 80 hours a week. Full timers will be prioritised by Uber
Not true... You can drive full time with any other rentals or personal car... If uber priorities full-timers won't matter if its your car or rental...
But Splend doesn't have any priority - i was renting from them.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Not true... You can drive full time with any other rentals or personal car... If uber priorities full-timers won't matter if its your car or rental...
But Splend doesn't have any priority - i was renting from them.
Was just a joke. I won't use my car for full time. It would ruin my car in half a year.

Full-timers tend to use Splend or a Camry

·
Premium Member
10,744 Posts
Lease through Splend.. I hear their drivers get priority from Uber over drivers who are not with Splend :p
Splenda drivers don't get priority,
What they are getting is BS spiel to lure drivers to rent from Splend thinking they are getting priority.
All they are supposed get ' tip' to get more jobs ,

But you get the same tips here in this forum from well known members here anyway, once you can filter out the dribble. ?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dude stop spreading lies you know that's not true
It was a joke, Splend encourage drivers to sign up for other rideshare companies and I doubt they would do that if they had a deal with Uber to prioritise Splend drivers for Uber requests.

·
Premium Member
13,106 Posts
Splend and Maven are both Uber rental partners so they definitely get priority pings ✔

1 - 20 of 28 Posts