Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last few weeks been noticing the area is all red and then im getting pings in the area with no surge. Anyone else get em?
Stop messing around uber.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Noticed tonight I was getting a few cancelled rides just before the 5 minute cut-off. Then had two pax in a row tell me that when surge pricing is on they book both a taxi and an Uber and if the taxi shows up before the five minute cut-off they cancel the Uber. The ping times that I mentioned were all in the 10-12 min range. Not sticking up for Uber but the pax are very clever at working the system and I say good on them. The surge is an odious piece of work and the sooner we see the back of it the better. BUT the basic rates have to be returned to something decent so we don't have to rely the surge

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Noticed tonight I was getting a few cancelled rides just before the 5 minute cut-off. Then had two pax in a row tell me that when surge pricing is on they book both a taxi and an Uber and if the taxi shows up before the five minute cut-off they cancel the Uber. The ping times that I mentioned were all in the 10-12 min range. Not sticking up for Uber but the pax are very clever at working the system and I say good on them. The surge is an odious piece of work and the sooner we see the back of it the better. BUT the basic rates have to be returned to something decent so we don't have to rely the surge
Yep this happens lots

Uber won't ban customers who do this as they use the system sometimes and make uber $

Another reason why the cancel time should be 1 min

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FB_IMG_1467485377924.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts