Uber Drivers Forum banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda Civic EX
6,843 Posts
That explains a lot of non payment for cancellations.
What is the rule when rider cancels while you are on route to pick up ?
Same, depends on how long you have been driving toward the destination - in my experience.

Reactions: Jimmy44

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
It depends. From my experience the rider has 5 minutes to cancel the ride. If they cancel within 5 minutes you get nothing. Outside the 5 minutes you get at least the minimum plus surge price in the area.

Last week I took a 20 minute drive to a area and the rider cancelled as soon as I arrived at the destination. I was mad. But I took the cancellation and surge rates and made $14.05

·
Premium Member
2018 Honda Civic EX
6,843 Posts
It depends. From my experience the rider has 5 minutes to cancel the ride. If they cancel within 5 minutes you get nothing. Outside the 5 minutes you get at least the minimum plus surge price in the area.

Last week I took a 20 minute drive to a area and the rider cancelled as soon as I arrived at the destination. I was mad. But I took the cancellation and surge rates and made $14.05
Yep that's what I have experienced as well

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
We talking about a scheduled ride? If you accept a reservation and they cancel with less than an hour to go, you get full payment. Got one of those, it was awesome.

Regular trips: they have 2 minutes to cancel for free, after that you get the higher of the cancellation fee or time and mileage expended to the point they cancel.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
We talking about a scheduled ride? If you accept a reservation and they cancel with less than an hour to go, you get full payment. Got one of those, it was awesome.

Regular trips: they have 2 minutes to cancel for free, after that you get the higher of the cancellation fee or time and mileage expended to the point they cancel.
Thanks for explaining that.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

Thanks for that explanation.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I had a pax on Uber a couple of weeks ago, barely spoke English, tell me that I was "late" - regular ping, not a reservation.

Tried to explain the driver shortage but got nowhere and earned a 1*.

Had a scheduled (actually, I think it was a regular ping) Lyft trip, had already contacted the pax, and finally gave up after sitting for almost 20 minutes (rides volume was low).

Then I saw her chasing after me. 😂 Sorry, Charlie, but the ride is already canceled (never talked to her).

Threatened with deactivation by Lyft - probably because our skin is different (didn't see her until the trip was canceled). Really don't care.
Since driving exclusively for Lyft I forgot about the dreaded 1 from Uber riders.
I do not miss that one bit.
Sorry to hear about the deactivated threats.
Rideshare right now is like the wild wild west.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you accept the trip you can see if Uber screwed you on the trip and they got you too early by pressing on ride details on these kind of trips and it'll let you view the time window that the rider has set.

Usually Uber really good as in the rider has set the time for 10am for example and I get there at 9.55am on a normal uberx in which case they get exactly 5 minutes because the window for them to get ready is exactly 10am to 10.15am where the ride is going to pick them up because it is impossible to always be on the exact dot with driver canceling rides.

In which case as soon as it hits 10am and they are not out I cancel and collect my fee and handball it to the next driver that will rock up at 10.05am or 10.10am as Uber will find the next driver in which case the rider still get to where they want to be in the window they expect to be. If they want a bit of time they can order a comfort or premium ride which gives them 10 minutes of wait time extra but that still won't mean extra window time as you can arrive at 0950 and still be able to cancel at 1000. However if you arrived at 1000 then you got to wait 1010 before you can cancel as uber doesn't care about your time you don't make a dime more just waiting the extra 5.

In any case uber automatically notify the rider when they matched and gives the rider an ETA so they can be toes to the curb when you are coming. They get notified again when you get there meaning they can get out and hop in within an additional 5 minute window if you land inside that window if you got there 10 or 20 minutes early because Uber screwed you and you didn't check the ride details then you got to sit that long until you can cancel.
wow.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts