Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past week doing UE has been quite a bit busier. I haven't worked during this time of year so I don't know if this is common but imI not complaining!

Last week I decided to venture into a more affluent part of town and THE TIPS WERE AMAZING!!!! Guess where I've gone every night since??

Last night I only walked to ONE DOOR and it was a house. ALL of my apartment deliveries came out to meet me!!!!

Am I in the Twilight Zone or something??? I'm being overrun with pings in a nice part of town where I actually get tipped for NOT driving around aimlessly for twenty minutes trying to locate an apartment and then walking six flights of stairs???!!!

You've got to be kidding!

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
The past week doing UE has been quite a bit busier. I haven't worked during this time of year so I don't know if this is common but imI not complaining!

Last week I decided to venture into a more affluent part of town and THE TIPS WERE AMAZING!!!! Guess where I've gone every night since??

Last night I only walked to ONE DOOR and it was a house. ALL of my apartment deliveries came out to meet me!!!!

Am I in the Twilight Zone or something??? I'm being overrun with pings in a nice part of town where I actually get tipped for NOT driving around aimlessly for twenty minutes trying to locate an apartment and then walking six flights of stairs???!!!

You've got to be kidding!
delete this

Or suffer a score of noobs ruining your hunting grounds lol

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
That is what's interesting about the job some nights like last Friday night was hell, constantly large apartment areas no gate codes, took forever to find the eater. Then Sunday night it was so smooth all homes just pull up and hand over the food. Every night is different

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
delete this

Or suffer a score of noobs ruining your hunting grounds lol
A couple weeks into doing this I found a great restaurant. Good location. Lots of orders. Good food, so people order from all over. High-value deliveries. No long waits. Available clean bathroom. Kitchen open till 2am. Big, quiet parking lot. Can usually count on a ping. Several other good late-night places within a mile in case it doesn't work out.

One night around 1, after waiting 5-10 minutes, I got the ping and went in. The bartender was like, "Whoa, you got here fast. The food isn't quite ready yet." I laughed and was like, I was waiting outside, I can pretty much count on an order from here or from (name redacted) or (name redacted). He thought that was brilliant.

A couple nights later I pull in around midnight and see two other people sitting in their cars. I can see the Uber app on one of their phones. The dude BLABBED to other drivers! It was like a week before I even saw another ping from that place.

You can't even tell civilians your secrets in this game!

The interlopers have mostly gone, but the pings never quite went back to normal. Loose lips sink ships.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
A couple weeks into doing this I found a great restaurant. Good location. Lots of orders. Good food, so people order from all over. High-value deliveries. No long waits. Available clean bathroom. Kitchen open till 2am. Big, quiet parking lot. Can usually count on a ping. Several other good late-night places within a mile in case it doesn't work out.

One night around 1, after waiting 5-10 minutes, I got the ping and went in. The bartender was like, "Whoa, you got here fast. The food isn't quite ready yet." I laughed and was like, I was waiting outside, I can pretty much count on an order from here or from (name redacted) or (name redacted). He thought that was brilliant.

A couple nights later I pull in around midnight and see two other people sitting in their cars. I can see the Uber app on one of their phones. The dude BLABBED to other drivers! It was like a week before I even saw another ping from that place.

The interlopers have mostly gone, but the pings never quite went back to normal. Loose lips sink ships.
Wow damn. LOL. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
Sounds like Scottsdale, except there is no tips in Scottsdale.

You should apply for delivery driver position if you want to deliver only for that restaurant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts