Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just refused an unlimited car wash package at the Mister Car Wash on Washington near Heights Blvd. because I had my Uber trade dress displayed. Per the car wash attendant, their policy is No Cabs, No Limos and No Ubers. I asked if this was because we would actually use the car wash too much. His answer was "that's just our policy." Would not say why. I don't get it. A car is a car. Unlimited means you can go as often as you want. Non Uber cars can go every day twice a day if they desire. What is the deal with Uber cars. Will probably try again without the trade dress displayed.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Hmm.. I always go to the one on Washington @ Heights, never had a problem, although that is their policy. I never have my trade dress on, when I go through there, and I signed up for the wash package, before the permits came out, so hopefully they are not cracking down on cars with the stickers. I would go back through with out your trade dress.

P.S. I am never the only Uber/Limo being cleaned at that car wash.

There are Mister Car washes that don't have that chip reader that automatically scans your barcode on the windshield. The one at [email protected] Fannin area is one of these that require them to manually put the number. If you look at the machine at the one in the heights it looks like there is a place to put a card. My theory is.. if you have a second car, take that one and buy the wash package at the one on Holcombe @ Fannin because i think they give you a actual card, rather than the window sticker. Now, you have a card, that can be used on multiple vehicles. It may backfire if the car wash attendant is actually looking at the computer and compares your vehicle, with what is in the system. Usually, the car wash attendants are hard to come by.

I have not tried this, but if they take away my wash package, I will try it.

On a side note, I have updated my billing info, with the car attendant at my car (that should of caught the TNC permits, but didnt.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I know that Bukrub has one of those stickers on his Prius and goes to the FM 1960 @ 45 location. I'm not sure if he's been given any grief but I'm sure he'll speak up.

Enlighten us Prius boy :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
When are you people going to learn to quit riding around with that stupid trade dress? Unless you're going to the airport or downtown there's no point driving around with it. Anyway I have the unlimited wash package from mister car wash and I have never been turned away and I've been driving since last November. But like Trebor I dont go through there with my trade dress.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yeah i have the platinum package at that mister car wash and never had an issue. The darn pink sticker is a dead giveaway, but I don't have my trade dress up when I go through. I go like 5 times a week lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When are you people going to learn to quit riding around with that stupid trade dress? Unless you're going to the airport or downtown there's no point driving around with it. Anyway I have the unlimited wash package from mister car wash and I have never been turned away and I've been driving since last November. But like Trebor I dont go through there with my trade dress.
I had just come from the airport and dropped off the passenger downtown and went for a car wash before going home. Didn't even think about the trade dress being a problem. I don't even see what their reasoning for discriminating would be. Frankly I was a bit shocked that I was offering to buy their product and they said no way Jose because you drive for Uber.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had just come from the airport and dropped off the passenger downtown and went for a car wash before going home. Didn't even think about the trade dress being a problem. I don't even see what their reasoning for discriminating would be. Frankly I was a bit shocked that I was offering to buy their product and they said no way Jose because you drive for Uber.
I would just go to a different location without the trade dress, and sign up for the unlimited wash package. I got mines from the one Kirby, but it's good at all the locations.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've been going to the one on Washington for months, never had an issue. I've had the pass for two years.

From the business side, "unlimited" doesn't mean they want you coming multiple times each week. The car wash loses money with people who actually take advantage of the unlimited washes.

But these places have a higher turnover rate than Uber. Try again in a week and there will be a new crew.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I just came from the 1960 and 45 location and got my sticker I asked the question for a friend that drives over do they care just take the trade dress down but he didn't care that one individual

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I was told to be careful of this manager (from the car wash attendant). The attendant recognized my city stickers but let me go with friendly warning that "his manager has been cancelling accounts of Uber and Limo drivers". If you see this guy.. keep driving to the next location.

This was on Wednesday.

I mean, we can't be mad at him. Mister Car Wash's website specifically states vehicles for hire are not eligible for wash packages. He is just one of the 100 managers in Houston that cares to do his job correctly. I don't have any hard feelings toward him.

Can't say you weren't warned!

http://********************/download/file.php?id=16

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Pretty standard for any car wash. Most won't offer unlimited washes to livery cars. They know we'd be there every day and it's not worth it to them. They'd prefer to give the packages out to the people who will only wash their cars a few times a month and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I did the top package and I think its 39/month. I go 3x/week.
Thats not bad. $7 more dollars than Mister, but at least they do not mind uber. Whenever mine gets deactivated, I will probably end up there. Thanks for the info!

Hey Mister Car Wash.. If you read this, can you introduce a rideshare package?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts