Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new email with the updated rules from Uber. It's a video that's required for viewing in case you guys don't already know about it. They made a point to say that in the state of California you cannot pick up an underage minor that's unaccompanied by an adult no matter what. They've gone back and forth with this. When I contacted them about it complaining that someone tried to put their seven-year-old in my vehicle, they told me well technically it's not allowed but you won't get in trouble so if you want to you can do it it's up to your discretion. Now they're confirming that we cannot under any circumstances do this as it is against the law in California. I know there's been a lot of back and forth on this topic, and a lot of people said they don't mind doing it. However, you are breaking the law if you do.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Uber is super-blurry about this. They want you to take the trip, but if there is a problem, they want you to take the responsibility.

If the person requesting a ride is 18(+), they can accompany minors.

If the person requesting a ride is under 18, NO GO

Kids taking rides on their parents accounts are NO GO.

The person requesting the ride must be 18+, and the account holder.

Any deviation is your liability.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://ubermovement.com/cpuc-video
Uber is super-blurry about this. They want you to take the trip, but if there is a problem, they want you to take the responsibility.

If the person requesting a ride is 18(+), they can accompany minors.

If the person requesting a ride is under 18, NO GO

Kids taking rides on their parents accounts are NO GO.

The person requesting the ride must be 18+, and the account holder.

Any deviation is your liability.

·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Yup, I've kicked a few out. Always report it to Uber. It's the only time I don't get an auto response, and get a response from someone in SF. Last one said "Thank you so much for reporting this! We want to make sure you remain in compliance with California law. We will be contacting the account holder to verify the age of this person, and suspend the account if necessary".

·
Banned
217 Posts
I just got the new email with the updated rules from Uber. It's a video that's required for viewing in case you guys don't already know about it. They made a point to say that in the state of California you cannot pick up an underage minor that's unaccompanied by an adult no matter what. They've gone back and forth with this. When I contacted them about it complaining that someone tried to put their seven-year-old in my vehicle, they told me well technically it's not allowed but you won't get in trouble so if you want to you can do it it's up to your discretion. Now they're confirming that we cannot under any circumstances do this as it is against the law in California. I know there's been a lot of back and forth on this topic, and a lot of people said they don't mind doing it. However, you are breaking the law if you do.
Just today I drove some teenagers with their own accounts. Near the middle of the ride they said it was their last day of high school and they could not wait for summer parties to start. Honestly this is going to happen all summer. Another time I got a ping to a PRESCHOOL. The kid had a doctors note that said he could not walk due to a back injury. I was shaking like a leaf driving g him 3 blocks to his house. I did not even wait to see if he got inside okay. Then I reported to Lyft it was a child in my dang car! I got no reply. Finally, maybe a week and a half ago I was in the OC and I pick up three teenagers. One of them is crying and looking at me funny. I drop her and another girl off and just drive the boy further to his home. He apologizes and says sorry she was crying she is just drunk and high. I was like God help me get the heck out of my car. Seriously, do we choose fraudulent rider in this instance?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Yup, I've kicked a few out. Always report it to Uber. It's the only time I don't get an auto response, and get a response from someone in SF. Last one said "Thank you so much for reporting this! We want to make sure you remain in compliance with California law. We will be contacting the account holder to verify the age of this person, and suspend the account if necessary".
which prompt do you push to report?.....i get alot of minors and i just want to be in compliance with uber and the law...and do you cancel it or do you make the pax?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just today I drove some teenagers with their own accounts. Near the middle of the ride they said it was their last day of high school and they could not wait for summer parties to start. Honestly this is going to happen all summer. Another time I got a ping to a PRESCHOOL. The kid had a doctors note that said he could not walk due to a back injury. I was shaking like a leaf driving g him 3 blocks to his house. I did not even wait to see if he got inside okay. Then I reported to Lyft it was a child in my dang car! I got no reply. Finally, maybe a week and a half ago I was in the OC and I pick up three teenagers. One of them is crying and looking at me funny. I drop her and another girl off and just drive the boy further to his home. He apologizes and says sorry she was crying she is just drunk and high. I was like God help me get the heck out of my car. Seriously, do we choose fraudulent rider in this instance?
They are supposed to be updating the option I'm told. But yes I would choose fraudulent rider or mghtyred way and then specifically comment that they were underage.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts