Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before today, the moment I finished rating my Pax, I would get a pop-up screen that told me the amount the Pax was charged, which I would then have to "X" out of in order to be ready to accept the next 'ping'. That is not there today. Everything else is working as usual.

On my Android phone, I can't look at my 'earnings history' without going offline. I do not want to do that right now, as I am in a very small 'guaranteed earnings' timeslot/window which I signed up for. Right now, I'm coming out ahead, as I've only had a ride/hour and the guarantee is $12/hour from 12-5.

Is it because I'm in the guarantee window that I'm not seeing the rate pop-up?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12/hr gurantees are not worth chasing
In some markets and situations, sure. I'm not "chasing". I'm sitting around town, 35 miles from home, while my kid has a 6 hour dance class. Normally, for this class, since it's so long, I would go home, but since driving for Uber, I've experimented with staying in town and driving 12-6 on a Sunday afternoon.

It's been consistenly my best 'tip' day, but I've never made consistently $12/hour in fares. Since Uber had a 'guarantee' this weekend for 12-5, I figured I'd sign up for it. Like I said, this weekend, I'm going to come out on top with that one. This last hour - from 4-5 - I've had more than $12 in fares, but the rest of them I did not.

$60+ in my pocket - I drive an older/high mileage vehicle, so the .575 cents/mile totally covers my gas/wear - when I would not have been working my full-time job or earning anything at all is worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I've had a few Iowans in my car recently. From the tips they gave me that $12/hour is better than it sounds. My experience with gaurentees is that either you don't hit rides per hour requirement or your earning are higher then the gaurentee (actually had a $0.01 gaurentee credit). I agree, the last trip thing glitches.
I also would love to know how to check my earnings while staying online. I have goals for the shift/day/week and don't want to risk missing a good ride or taking a bad ride because of checking/not checking my earnings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts