Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
I received what I consider to be an inappropriate PM from SibeRescueBrian on April 8, 2017.
Because of that PM, this comment is currently under edit.
The owner of uberpeople.net should be aware of this over-reach from SibeRescueBrian,
as this edit of my content contribution is the direct result of the PM I recieved.
Check back soon for edit updates while this content is updated.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ratings exist to inform other drivers of how desirable a ride is

Tippers are more desirable.

Consider pax current rating. No need to ding an otherwise pleasant 4.7.

But non tippers are not 5s. They are not the most desirable fares. Just a fact.

Pass on that info to other drivers.

Keep in mind, uner probably stops considering your ratings if you are too free with the bad ones Use them wisely.

·
Registered
280 Posts
TX, I agree, however this idea has power if ALL UBER DRIVERS did this in unison universally and internationally, Travis might pull his head out of his bum and agree to a tip-line. We've earned it.

If Travis really wants to kill Lyft, just install a tip-line in the Uber app. Lyft's main advantage is the tip line.
Travis can't be dumb enough to not realize this, right?
I actually dont really like the tip option on Lyft, cuz I will not know if a rider leave a tip or not before I rate them, therefor I cant low rate them if they did not tip, but for a uber ride, if rider leave no cash tip when they step out of my car, boom ! 4 star or less lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
I actually dont really like the tip option on Lyft, cuz I will not know if a rider leave a tip or not before I rate them, therefor I cant low rate them if they did not tip, but for a uber ride, if rider leave no cash tip when they step out of my car, boom ! 4 star or less lol
You can email lyft support and ask them to change pax rating no reason needed. Check later no tip email away.

·
Registered
395 Posts
then I will end up spend an hour or two doing this email work everyday, na thx
Oh I hear you bro it's a total pain in the ass to do. The only time I've ever really done it was some guy who promised and swore he was going to tip me and then never did but hey at least you know what to do now.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
TX, I agree, however this idea has power if ALL UBER DRIVERS did this in unison universally and internationally, Travis might pull his head out of his bum and agree to a tip-line. We've earned it.

If Travis really wants to kill Lyft, just install a tip-line in the Uber app. Lyft's main advantage is the tip line.
Travis is too busy digging his own grave

·
Banned
3,985 Posts

Travis is not dumb, just greedy. Uber did had a tip feature on the app from the beginning but uber got greedy and was stealing the tip money from the drivers and was sued, so uber took the tip feature away.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Travis is not dumb, just greedy. Uber did had a tip feature on the app from the beginning but uber got greedy and was stealing the tip money from the drivers and was sued, so uber took the tip feature away.
I don't believe there was ever a tip option. Uber was taken to court because they were saying tip was included when in fact no tips were passed along to the driver. The court told Uber they either pay out the tips or stop telling the PAX it's included.

·
Banned
3,985 Posts
I don't believe there was ever a tip option. Uber was taken to court because they were saying tip was included when in fact no tips were passed along to the driver. The court told Uber they either pay out the tips or stop telling the PAX it's included.
how long have you been driving for uber. Did you drive in California before Vegas

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
So are you telling me you saw a tip option with Uber X rides?
I remember reading someplace that Uber had, at one point, collected millions of dollars in tips intended for drivers. Maybe uber taxi?!? Anyway... riders filed and won a class action lawsuit because this tips were never distributed to drivers. Uber lost the case and was ordered to return that money to the riders.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I started with uber in 2010 in San Francisco
I remember reading someplace that Uber had, at one point, collected millions of dollars in tips intended for drivers. Maybe uber taxi?!? Anyway... riders filed and won a class action lawsuit because this tips were never distributed to drivers. Uber lost the case and was ordered to return that money to the riders.
In this article they suggest there was never a tip option from beginning. I couldn't find anything regarding a tip option that previously existed then was removed.

"When we started Uber six years ago, we thought long and hard about whether to build a tipping option into the app," the company wrote in its blog post.

"In the end, we decided against including one because we felt it would be better for riders and drivers to know for sure what they would pay or earn on each trip - without the uncertainty of tipping," it wrote.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc...ubers-app-doesnt-have-a-tipping-function.html

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
You knew when you signed up for Uber... they discourage tipping. And yet you still signed up and complaining now.
Or just drive for Lyft exclusively.
This is just a knee-jerk response. Most drivers signed up a few years because of the decent rates and flexible hours and such.

UberDude2
Apparently riders were led to believe it was a tip for drivers. Riders had received a promo from Uber claiming 20% of fare was for gratuity for driver.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tn-uber-tip-settlement-20160916-snap-story.html
I'd always tip drivers, especially Grandma uber!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts