Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
There is a fraction of society that are cheap bastards. And they LOVE Uber.... because Uber validates their cheap bastard mindset. The biggest cheap bastard of them all is Travis Kaladick, who believed he could penalize drivers for soliciting tips, until his lawyers told him he's going to lose his ass in court unless he agrees to stop.

The good news is the majority of society aren't cheap bastards. The bad news is the minority that are cheap bastards use Uber at a far greater rate than those that aren't cheap bastards. So expect a lot of whining and crying from Uber pax if you exercise your right as a driver to solicit tips. Cheap bastards tend to be very whiny people.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
"You agreed to sign on to the service. As to...you know the terms and conditions when you sign on."

Say what you will, she makes a very valid point.
Just because a company has terms and conditions doesn't mean they are enforceable. The court was going to rip Uber's terms and conditions a new *******. Uber avoided that by settling out of court, agreeing to allow drivers tips. So no, she didn't make a valid point at all.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
In so far as the drivers know, or should know, what they're getting into.
Right or wrong and despite the huge ass kicking in Uber's near future
FingersCrossedPNG2.png
(I hope!)

·
Registered
566 Posts
"You agreed to sign on to the service. As to...you know the terms and conditions when you sign on."

Indeed you are absolutely right and we have never had this situations before Uber settles in court and gives the RIGHT to change this, posting signs and telling people that tip is not included neither was ever included in the rides. So yes she is right he signed on in to something that now has been changed to what he is saying and he is absolutely right as well. So both were right, she is not updated to the new service policy that's all.

I always have with me 2 print outs of an article that came out about this settlement in my car, so when the trip is long enough and the passenger seems curios to know I just hand it to them and I have to say nothing.
So to make it clear and to the Taxi drivers that pop in this forum taking passenger sides, in California, this IS THE NEW SERVICE! tips is not included and drivers have all the right to let you know about it. If it makes you feel bad because you are a cheap ass, that is up to you, but this is how Uber is here and now.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
"that's not the nature of the business" yeah, it hasn't been customary for you to tip your cab driver in the past before ******** Uber came along and decided to declare it unnecessary

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
"that's not the nature of the business" yeah, it hasn't been customary for you to tip your cab driver in the past before &%[email protected]!* Uber came along and decided to declare it unnecessary
You guys aren't cab drivers though. You're a....TNC driver ....or a PH driver....or a ......anything but a taxi driver :)

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
Indeed you are absolutely right and we have never had this situations before Uber settles in court and gives the RIGHT to change this, posting signs and telling people that tip is not included neither was ever included in the rides. So yes she is right he signed on in to something that now has been changed to what he is saying and he is absolutely right as well. So both were right, she is not updated to the new service policy that's all.

I always have with me 2 print outs of an article that came out about this settlement in my car, so when the trip is long enough and the passenger seems curios to know I just hand it to them and I have to say nothing.
So to make it clear and to the Taxi drivers that pop in this forum taking passenger sides, in California, this IS THE NEW SERVICE! tips is not included and drivers have all the right to let you know about it. If it makes you feel bad because you are a cheap ass, that is up to you, but this is how Uber is here and now.
Uber was going to lose the lawsuit because Uber does not have the right to interfere in a tip between the rider and the driver, and never did have the right, UNLESS drivers are employees of Uber.

So no, this is not some new right drivers now have. As independent contractors, drivers have always had the right to solicit tips. Nothing has changed regarding drivers rights. What has changed is Uber is no longer violating drivers rights.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I agree. He knew what he was signing on for. No one put a gun to his head making him driver for Uber. If he doesn't like the deal he has, he should nice on... No one is forcing any of us to drive...

·
Banned
5,897 Posts
I agree. He knew what he was signing on for. No one put a gun to his head making him driver for Uber.
YOu mean like he/she was supposed to know that uber wouldn't allow tips,(which have no right to do anyways) and/or lower rates to like .50/mile or so. Uber changed a lot of the T/E over the course of a few years. (take that nobody put a gun to your head theory somewhere else.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
YOu mean like he/she was supposed to know that uber wouldn't allow tips,(which have no right to do anyways) and/or lower rates to like .50/mile or so. Uber changed a lot of the T/E over the course of a few years. (take that nobody put a gun to your head theory somewhere else.)
I never expected tips from the get go. I don't ask for tips, but I get them often. At least 80% of the time. And you're correct, Uber had changed a lot of things, but I'm not trying make a living from it. It works for me, for now. Once it doesn't, I'm out. And I won't lose any sleep over it...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she's obviously not familiar with the settlement. a lot of pax are still not aware of the fact that uber has been violating our rights all along. many pax are left with this idea that we are their private driver. but it's my car; and if you have a problem with my sign, gtfo my car! simple.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts