Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally tired of being treated like a beast of burden and I'm ready to take this small moral stand. If they don't tip they get 4 stars. Period. I've always just been too nice and played the game and given everyone 5 stars, even people I didn't quite like. It's just my sweet and caring nature...that all of you on this forum have come to know SO well!! :) So I don't care if the rating affects them or makes any kind of difference. This is for me. My little way to get back a small piece of dignity after someone talks on their phone the entire trip ($5.90) and then doesn't tip. Yes, that just happened.

I encourage all of you to do the same. I just had a couple of rides and it felt great.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm finally tired of being treated like a beast of burden and I'm ready to take this small moral stand. If they don't tip they get 4 stars. Period. I've always just been too nice and played the game and given everyone 5 stars, even people I didn't quite like. It's just my sweet and caring nature...that all of you on this forum have come to know SO well!! :) So I don't care if the rating affects them or makes any kind of difference. This is for me. My little way to get back a small piece of dignity after someone talks on their phone the entire trip ($5.90) and then doesn't tip. Yes, that just happened.

I encourage all of you to do the same. I just had a couple of rides and it felt great.
Exactly! It's social responsibility to not take advantage of people AND not look the other way bcuz some Ayn Rand Uber Disciples have told you that there's no need to tip while keeping fares unsustainably low!

·
Registered
157 Posts

Sweet and caring.. Only when you are drinking! Ha!

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you but I've gotta start with 4. Maybe as my annoyance at how ridiculous the whole thing is continues to grow I will get to 3. I just feel guilty because they aren't bad people...I probably just got through having a fun conversation with them. They've just been brainwashed into thinking we make 90k a year (try to hold your food down!) and/or that somehow the tip is included. This is really more Uber's fault than theirs if you think about it. Whether it's 4 stars or 3...just NO MORE FIVE STARS FOR NO TIP!!!! Let's do this people!!!

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why I said it's a small, moral victory. But also, who knows. Maybe if their ratings start declining after a few rides they will be like WTF!? Believe it or not the younger generation cares a lot about such trivial things.

There's also the possibility that it gets Ubers attention and thus creates some kind of dialog.

Also....please don't crush my dreams. :-(

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Welcome to the club. No tip no 5 stars. Period.
I've decided that as of today.....for every person in the vehicle that doesn't have the moral decency to tip their Uber driver it'll be one star less.

For example:
1 person: no tip=4 stars.
2 people: no tip=3 stars.
3 people: no tip=2 stars.
4 people: no tip=1 star! ( and that is being generous if everything else goes well!)

I don't know about you all, but if I go out to eat with friends and they pick up the tab I tip the server, usually extra generously too.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly it's ****ing mind boggling isn't it!!?? It has to be Uber brainwashing because I know for a fact that people are not this stupid/greedy. They believe that they don't need to tip because that is what they've been told...repeatedly. Regardless....No Tip No Five Stars!!! Maybe someday I'll find my big boy pants and start using your rating system!!

·
Registered
857 Posts

Problem is not the pax.. they are being told not to tip, that it's included yadda yadda yadda..

The problem is Uber.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just a far stretched theory, but is it possible uber monitors what ratings we give customers and could possibly limit the number of pings we get as a result based on our avg? I mean wouldn't uber prefer to give more pings to happy and content drivers instead of disgruntled ones? I agree it's total 100% bullsh!t we don't get tips and have given out less than 5 star ratings to pax plenty of times, but I'm just wondering what if??

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Problem is not the pax.. they are being told not to tip, that it's included yadda yadda yadda.. he problem is Uber.
The problem is Uber telling people the tip is included, when it's not. That, on top of the current rate cut, means Uber has a problem with drivers. The question is: if there's no tip and a rate cut, where are all the new riders and the increased income we got promised by Uber?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have a small sign in my car that says gratuity isn't required but is greatly appreciated and that Uber doesn't include tips in the fare. Just a subtle hint for the pax.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Got one $5 tip yesterday. Since I driver mostly at night I can't say if everyone noticed it. Just put it in yesterday. I think if everyone did something similar pax may see the trend. The signs are high quality engraved plastic.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.