Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up rider at Broadmeadows Central near taxi stand about 4pm today. Not a cab in sight but a queue of shoppers with full trolleys waiting at the rank. My rider explained they all fled when a taxi directorate officer booked a driver for not having insurance. She also said they are all hiding around the corner. (not sure about that bit) What was interesting to me was the number of people still using cabs at shopping centers. Seems to me Rideshare companies are not marketing properly. Also why would they flee in those circumstances if they had nothing to hide ?

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
Picked up rider at Broadmeadows Central near taxi stand about 4pm today. Not a cab in sight but a queue of shoppers with full trolleys waiting at the rank. My rider explained they all fled when a taxi directorate officer booked a driver for not having insurance. She also said they are all hiding around the corner. (not sure about that bit) What was interesting to me was the number of people still using cabs at shopping centers. Seems to me Rideshare companies are not marketing properly. Also why would they flee in those circumstances if they had nothing to hide ?
You want shopping center runs? Go for it I say:eek:

·
Banned
4,250 Posts
I give no thanks when I see the pickup from shopping malls or supermarkets. Cabbies can pick up the groceries
I give them slider.

Dude seriously leave grocery shopping to a cabbies.
I just wonder who on earth goes to supermarket these days.
Online done in 10 minutes guy shows up next day at your doorstep.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
They are smarter than you apparantly.
What was the surge and how much time you drove to pick up this corn ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always help with people with shopping.It is no big deal for me anyway.A great example was when I was in Reservoir a while back , it was late in the afternoon and beginning to rain.Two previous Uber drivers refused to help the woman in her mid to late sixties , I took the job and while she sat in the car out of the rain , I loaded up my car with two shopping trolley loads.It was no more than a five minute trip and a $6.00 fare - who cares.

I drove down her driveway and helped her unload the shopping into her front door.She wanted to give me a tip but she only had coins but I said it was not necessary but out of the blue got a kiss on the cheek for my efforts.After putting up with a few jerks earlier I had in the car , including one woman who kicked my car because I would not let her ride because she had a 6 month baby and no baby seat, so it was very refreshing to have someone nice and appreciative and decent even though it was only a five minute trip.

So yes , I am a good ant blah blah blah but at the end of the day , it is called customer service and that is what is important to me and what SHOULD be important to ALL Uber drivers.

Maybe I am too "old school" but that is the way I am.

Let the trolls begin

·
Registered
127 Posts
[QUOTE="
So yes , I am a good ant blah blah blah but at the end of the day , it is called customer service and that is what is important to me and what SHOULD be important to ALL Uber drivers.

[/QUOTE]

With this attitude, it should not be difficult for you to get a better job in retail. (well, if you need a job anyway, there are some millionaires driving uber in this forum, who knows).

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
6 dollars to load and unload shopping. This is how you are going to burnout and quit driving in the next hundred days. Get some cards made next time and help her with her shopping too :DPick her up do the round of shopping and drop her off again.

What you really need to get into is age care at a nursing home. It pays a lot better and you can help out the elderly 24/7. Ur talent are truly been wasted been an Uber driver Andrew Trevitt

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
[QUOTE="

With this attitude, it should not be difficult for you to get a better job in retail. (well, if you need a job anyway, there are some millionaires driving uber in this forum, who knows).[/QUOTE]

Lol

I'm giving great customer service.
On good surge and help pax catch their flight on time( its XL so do the math).

I provide excellent service specially when I see 40+. I even called pax and let him know that I'm coming.

When you pick up your shopping center base trip I prefer trolling here it's much better than driving base...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Have you registered to uber assist ?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I'm giving great customer service.
On good surge and help pax catch their flight on time( its XL so do the math).

I provide excellent service specially when I see 40+. I even called pax and let him know that I'm coming.

When you pick up your shopping center base trip I prefer trolling here it's much better than driving base...
I took one 1.8x from your place to AP this morning. We were going to get there 45 minutes before the original flight time (domestic), but he checked the email and found out it was delayed 4:30 hours on the way to AP. Lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Font Screenshot Number Logo Media
Font Screenshot Number Media Brand
This is how you are going to burnout and quit driving in the next hundred days.
After 18 months , I don't think so.A lot of people of a more senior age are using Uber because of taxis refusing short trips etc.I have had a lot of elderly riders in my car and they all say the say thing , Uber is far superior over taxis for so many reasons yet it seems that some drivers , not all are turning Uber & rideshare in general into just another taxi service.The stories I have been told really make me angry sometimes.

It pisses me off when I look through this forum and see things like , "won't do base fares" , "will only when the surge is at a certain level" , "won't do UberPool" and so on.If you want the taxis to win back the customers , keep this attitude going because one day we will be all wondering when the next fare will be and rideshare will be a thing of the past.

My view only

I will do base fare work or if I am fortunate enough to be in a surge area at the time , great but I don't go chasing it.For the record , my acceptance rate is 100% & cancellation rate is 0 , 2696 5* trips and 394 rider compliments , 63 of them written compliments.I am very proud of these compliments and it spurs me on to continue.

I used to to work in Financial Services , 21 years in Insurance and 10 years in a mutual bank.I quit the bank 18 months or so ago and took up Uber driving full time because I needed a change from the bulltish of the so called "corporate life".I am very passionate & love every minute of what I do.I throw myself into it as best as possible.I know I am not making nowhere as much money as I used to but I don't give frog's fat arse about that.

Anyway , rant over , feeling better now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I wonder how many of those waiting would be paying full fare for their taxi ride?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.