Just two up two down

No surge today, it wasn't always so
The company was gay, we'd turn night into day
As music played the faster did we dance
We felt it both at once, the start of our romance

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Surge seems to be faster... as in not last as long and can change on a dime. Saw a 2.5 go to a 1.5 to nothing in a matter of 1 min. Normally this place would be 2.5 plus for a good 30 mins

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Surge was the #1 complaint with the Uber riders. They need to ditch that silly scam and raise the normal rate to a fair amount......and riders agreed with me.
Yep get rid of surge unless something that puts you in danger is happening and raise rates, pax usually agree with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Worst night I my 7 weeks of driving. No surge at all. Worked 5p. Til 1am....$66.

Baltimore on a Friday night? Something isn't right.

Wrote several emails to support. No response at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Worst night I my 7 weeks of driving. No surge at all. Worked 5p. Til 1am....$66.

Also the app updates are terrible. Very fumbly. Had to hit pick up Joe blow/begin trip/confirm begin trip/confirm pick up Joe blow/confirm arrival/confirm begin trip. Not exaggerating.

Same thing when ending trip. Confirm end/end trip/confirm end trip. Come on!

Icing on the cake. Keep driving wondering when the next ping is coming. It's been 10 min. Oh look im not even online. Kicked off after ending trip. Nice.

Sat idle from 1150pm-1240am on a Friday night in the city. Impossible right?

My patience is just about done w uber. Making 50% less every week. Good thing this is only my side hustle.

Hello, lyft? Side car? Knock knock....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Also the app updates are terrible. Very fumbly. Had to hit pick up Joe blow/begin trip/confirm begin trip/confirm pick up Joe blow/confirm arrival/confirm begin trip. Not exaggerating.

Icing on the cake. Keep driving wondering when the next ping is coming. It's been 10 min. Oh look im not even online. Kicked off after ending trip. Nice.

My patience is just about done w uber. Making 50% less every week. Good thing this is only my side hustle.

And yet passengers just drop the pin anywhere and no need for a popup confirmation request even once. That might be too much trouble.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

Lyft, SideCar same shit. Not enough pings with Uber? Less with Lyft and enough sitting idle with SideCar to grow a couple of hemorrhoids.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Did anyone get a surge tonight?
Uber eliminated it temporarily in all markets. Travis wants us to know he is in charge. Now riders will get a no uber x available!!! Let's hope common sense prevails. Travis should realize 9x is too much. 2 x 3 xto 4 x. Maybe be smart way just cap it. One extreme to the other. They just announced lower prices so surge would have looked bad. There is high demand still at 2 am Ect . Travis just has said no for now.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
No surge today, my love has gone away
The bottle stands forlorn, a symbol of the dawn
No surge today, it seems a common sight
But people passing by don't know the reason why

How could they know just what this message means
The end of my hopes, the end of all my dreams
How could they know the palace there had been
Behind the door where my love reigned as queen

But all that's left is a place dark and lonely
A terraced house in a mean street back of town
Becomes a shrine when I think of you only
Just two up two down

No surge today, it wasn't always so
The company was gay, we'd turn night into day
As music played the faster did we dance
We felt it both at once, the start of our romance
Surge is still there. But Uber is not charging rider s. As of now. Temporary ???? Uber x not available is what will happen. Why work late and mess with those drunks? Why go to those shady neighborhoods ? This is not going to work. Too much surge is also a bad idea. But it is Uber just seeing how many of us will still work for peanuts !!!

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Surge in downtown raleigh, nc last night.
Great I hope so, we are not seeing yellow orange or red (surge) this week in Dallas ft worth. It's there , but we are not making customers pay anything above 85 cents mile. Uber advertised lower rates and launched dfw airport this week. Hopefully temporary

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts

I emailed and got a response. Yellow increased demand. Orange area about to surge. Red surge in effect. Uber support doesn't know what is going on. Hopefully APP update just forgot how to calculate demand. This is very hard to swallow. I try to be very helpful and nice to all riders. But I am not doing this for free or minimum wage.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Great I hope so, we are not seeing yellow orange or red (surge) this week in Dallas ft worth. It's there , but we are not making customers pay anything above 85 cents mile. Uber advertised lower rates and launched dfw airport this week. Hopefully temporary
Their is a glitch in software I read in another group. It is affecting some markets across the country. DFW is one of the markets. No eta when it will be fixed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts