Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Showed up late to the strip last night around 10, dead! No surge the whole night, even midnight! Are we at the point were drivers are outnumbering Pax? Only $150 for 4 hours

·
Registered
358 Posts
We have Too many drivers and it will take about 1 to 2 months to stabilize the situation lots of drivers will quit and then we will have lots of ex cab and limo drivers

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm sure, over time, there'll be a shake up. Drivers will quit or get dropped. This week two pax told me of bad experiences-
First was a driver that showed up in a different car than pictured. Pax said driver had to open the door from the outside "because the handle is broken". He also lit up a cig during the ride. Pax said he 1-starred.
Second were 2 ladies that cancelled because the car windows were virtually blacked out, couldn't see the driver at all. He never got out after they stood there a minute. They cancelled. Even after the cancel the driver never got out...sat for a minute then drove off.

·
Banned
583 Posts
I'm sure, over time, there'll be a shake up. Drivers will quit or get dropped. This week two pax told me of bad experiences-
First was a driver that showed up in a different car than pictured. Pax said driver had to open the door from the outside "because the handle is broken". He also lit up a cig during the ride. Pax said he 1-starred.
Second were 2 ladies that cancelled because the car windows were virtually blacked out, couldn't see the driver at all. He never got out after they stood there a minute. They cancelled. Even after the cancel the driver never got out...sat for a minute then drove off.
Sounds like a ex cabbie there

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7500 for Uber, Lyft was capped at 2500. The Luft app could not suck any worse than it does already. Had 4 pings, picked them up, app came back and said " you didn't even try"'bullshit. Plus maps suck and contacting Pax requires a lot of shit when you're driving and trying to get around.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
150 for 4 hours? That's an 'only'? I got 135 for about 8 (more if you include the time to get home).

I looked on the app this morning and it was flooded, even out in the burbs). On a Saturday morning. Hell I see about 8 cars within three miles of me out in Spring Valley. Tons of car up and down the strip. I really hope 'weekend drivers' just start to give up soon.
I had a really good run Monday morning, even with catching no surges (though it was surging for some of it). Pondering trying to just do Monday through Thursday mornings....will see this week I guess.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I've heard from a reliable source that there are over 10,000 drivers on the road now in Las Vegas.
I highly doubt your "reliable" source. Uber's 7000 was a statewide number, cumulative over 2 years. They're operating up north, too.
I just finished a Lyft run...no issues for me and I tied a Waze as the GPS of choice. Why are you trying to dial a phone, etc. while driving?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I dunno about how many drivers Uber has, but Lyft's agreement was 2500 drivers maximum in the first two years, including any turn over (Uber's agreement was unlimited number of drivers). That's a far cry from 2500 on the road now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
150 for 4 hours? That's an 'only'? I got 135 for about 8 (more if you include the time to get home).
That's what I thought at first as well. Then I remembered that Las Vegas UberX rates are approximately equivalent to a 1.7x perma-surge in relation to Boston. So I can see how $150 in what I am assuming to be gross fares in 4 hours can be considered slow. If the majority is experiencing even worse than that on a regular basis, and it stays that way, then I may have to rethink the return to Vegas that I am currently considering.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I've heard from a reliable source that there are over 10,000 drivers on the road now in Las Vegas.
I highly doubt your "reliable" source. Uber's 7000 was a statewide number, cumulative over 2 years. They're operating up north, too.
I just finished a Lyft run...no issues for me and I tied a Waze as the GPS of choice. Why are you trying to dial a phone, etc. while driving?
Was he limiting to 10K figure to just Uber/Lyft drivers though? If not, he may have been including the 3000 taxi drivers and what I would assume might be up to 1000 limo/livery drivers also in Vegas. That would allow for there to be 6000 Uber/Lyft drivers, of which a 3500/2500 driver split between companies might be realistic.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Unbelievable what these driver will do. Your absolutely right, you have drivers
Doing this shit will make it bad for all of the drivers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts