Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received a delivery offer for a restaurant that is located in a heat map surge area at the time of the request and found there was no surge applied? This has happened to me twice. When i reach out to support they ask me to send a screenshot of the heat map area and time. From what i know of the app, once i accept a requezt i cant go back to look at the full city map that highlights the surge areas so this request is impossible to gather and therefore they wont adjust the fare. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Has anyone received a delivery offer for a restaurant that is located in a heat map surge area at the time of the request and found there was no surge applied? This has happened to me twice. When i reach out to support they ask me to send a screenshot of the heat map area and time. From what i know of the app, once i accept a requezt i cant go back to look at the full city map that highlights the surge areas so this request is impossible to gather and therefore they wont adjust the fare. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this?
LOL LOL LOL......Uber is funny that way!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes. Saw this as well. I won't do UE unless it is in the 1.3 boost area. Saw they didn't give it to me. You can look at trip history as it will show pickup location and time. Wonder how many of these they are getting away with by drivers that don't check?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is a thing to remember when doing Uber Eats. They lock in at the price when they placed the order, not when you received it. So if they locked in 30 minutes ago, pending on type of food, at the flat rate and then a concert let's out and it surges to 3.5 they are locked in at flat rate. It works the other way as well. Sometimes in areas that were previously surging you will get a 2.0 lag UE run. Make sure you look at the surge on the screen when the run comes to you and then double check it with your bill to make sure it was applied.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yep. Same thing is happening to me last night/today. @lsmcm368, our message traffic is practically identical.

In other news, does anyone see heatmaps as a UE only driver? (I only drive UE because I dont want hassle of Pax.)

·
Registered
430 Posts
In other news, does anyone see heatmaps as a UE only driver? (I only drive UE because I dont want hassle of Pax.)
My daughter drives only UE and one day we compared notes. She was showing 1.6x where I was showing no surge. If I were to go online and get a UE order, I would get no surge when she would get 1.6x for the same pickup location.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My daughter drives only UE and one day we compared notes. She was showing 1.6x where I was showing no surge. If I were to go online and get a UE order, I would get no surge when she would get 1.6x for the same pickup location.
So aggravating, no doubt. Unfairness abounds. I'm so glad I am only choosing to drive UE on my time/terms, for the benefit of flexibilty/pocket change.

Seriously, Goober is asking me to prove the surge with a screenshot. Wth? Who grabs a screenshot in the 10-second window the app is INSISTENTLY suggesting the driver accept? Who has the time? Smh.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I've noticed more and more that when I'm in a surge zone I've been getting standard pings. I just let them pass, eventually it will start offering me the surge. Uber's trying desperately to become profitable. I have no doubt that Uber tries to keep the surge for themselves a lot of the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts