Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after you go through the process of uploading all of your documents and download app and your app is activated by Uber that It? there's no other additional material sent to you no hats no support of information nothing else its just up to you to go online and look up videos and learn everything there is to learn about this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it NOW YOUR A UBER DRIVER. ..
I'm a little concerned about the Insurance situation should I get Uber Insurance do pay for it or is it automatic when you have a passenger in your car that Uber will cover any accidents how do we go about that do I have to go down and have a meeting with Uber at the office

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm a little concerned about the Insurance situation should I get Uber Insurance do pay for it or is it automatic when you have a passenger in your car that Uber will cover any accidents how do we go about that do I have to go down and have a meeting with Uber at the office
Uber has it's own commercial insurance that is supposed to cover both you and a pax while on a trip BUT there have been some gaps in this insurance (it's been heavily discussed on the board) so I urge you to read Uber's commercial insurance policy as well. The name of the company they use is James River Insurance I believe, but it may be different in other markets.

I see you're in Los Angeles so start by searching ordinances within your city or CA, or better yet post the same questions in "Los Angeles" under "Cities" in this forum. I'd be willing to bet any and every question you could have has already been answered there.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If you're concerned about the insurance...as well you should be, call your insurance company and ask them. If you're hesitant about calling your insurance company, that should tell you something.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Did you go through a vehicle inspection with Uber? That's when they give you the trade dress and anything else that you may legally have to keep in your car. Here I got the U sticker, a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit and a couple phone holder things for the dash.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If you're concerned about the insurance...as well you should be, call your insurance company and ask them. If you're hesitant about calling your insurance company, that should tell you something.
Be careful with calling your insurance company though. Geico was dropping people on the spot if they found out their customers were driving for Uber/Lyft/Sidecar. Call as an anonymous person, maybe even from a number not tied to your policy and inquire if they provide commercial or ride sharing coverage, or merely look it up on their website.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you go through a vehicle inspection with Uber? That's when they give you the trade dress and anything else that you may legally have to keep in your car. Here I got the U sticker, a fire extinguisher, a first aid kit and a couple phone holder things for the dash.
I went for the inspection everything but nobody gave me anything

·
Registered
271 Posts
The more extensive the Uberlyft onboarding process becomes, the more it resembles employee training; that's why Uberlyft desperately keeps it as minimal as possible.

It's also why the new-driver videos are NEVER EVER referred to as "training videos." One only "trains" an employee; never a contractor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts