Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what uber always wanted no surge yesterday no surge I can understand for the weekdays there isn't but sometimes there are all week no surge today Saturday usually Saturday morning all day it's lit up red so I'm done with uber not driving for $.90 a milE
Rather go get my chauffeurs license and drive a cab good luck to you all.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That's never going to work thou

There will always be people driving for pennies.

I saw guys in miami were driving to do a two day stoppage.

Majority of uber drivers I've met driving in the city are from low income areas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
That's never going to work thou

There will always be people driving for pennies.

I saw guys in miami were driving to do a two day stoppage.

Majority of uber drivers I've met driving in the city are from low income areas.
I guess I'm lucky to have never been that desperate to make a buck. But you cannot fault the guys and gals who go out there every day despite the piss-poor rates because they have no other option. Some of us are not out there to feed our families our put a roof over our heads. Some of us are out here to possibly save a few extra bucks or buy a luxury item or two and we should count ourselves as the lucky ones. We can hold out until some lucrative offers come our way, others cannot.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chauffeurs license?

Go to school and get a new career.
What you doing in this place? You seem highly educated I don't understand why you're wasting your time replying to people who drive for a living and feed their families you're talking about school I don't understand your so smart and have a education why are you wasting your time here.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That's what uber always wanted no surge yesterday no surge I can understand for the weekdays there isn't but sometimes there are all week no surge today Saturday usually Saturday morning all day it's lit up red so I'm done with uber not driving for $.90 a milE
I'm thinking that's what the guarantees are about! Testing the waters to see how much it takes to get us on the road. That being said last year I drove about 2.5 hours on Saturday and made $120. This year with the guarantee $100 net for 3.5! They best up the guarantee or I'm out!

·
Registered
394 Posts
What you doing in this place? You seem highly educated I don't understand why you're wasting your time replying to people who drive for a living and feed their families you're talking about school I don't understand your so smart and have a education why are you wasting your time here.
I'm not wasting my time at all! I don't judge my friends by the way they make their living. Yes, I am college educated, but my friends are from all walks of life. I started driving for Lyft and Uber because I truly enjoy driving and talking to new and interesting people. I have a full time, professional job but work at home. I am stuck at home with a giant computer screen all day, although a wonderful office setup, but I enjoy driving in the evenings more! I'm just a few years away from retirement and am trying to get some extra money saved for "my bucket list". These message boards were the only way my questions were answered - and resolved - when I first started driving. As I became more experienced driving for Lyft and Uber, I started to notice the posts of the new drivers coming online and their questions were not being answered, so I started posting more and more, hoping I could be of help...and I would message them privately when I thought they were being harassed by other posters. These are not the friendliest folks and when you are looking for answers and being answered sarcastically, it's discouraging.

I may have a better day job, more education, better grammar, better spelling - but I'm no different (or better) than anyone else here. I still came to Uber and Lyft for the same thing: extra $$$$

By the way, I was in blue collar work since the early 70's and did not attend college until my 40's because I couldn't afford it and really didn't think I could do it, to be honest. But I knew my body couldn't take the abuse and decided I needed a college degree. No one handed me my education. Because of that "stupid piece of paper" (my Bachelor's Degree) I was given the chance of an entry level position in the company I have now been with for almost 20 years.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
That 20 for 100 Bonus was decent.. Play that one smart.. I kept all ride's to a minimal distance ( Driving to Ohare on that deal is Asinine).. I did 20 on 140 miles plus 100 Bonus=300 Net payout... 2 a MILE...

I do not see the Bonus in my pay statement though..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tommy - what do you have against punctuation!? :). Geez! I'm sure you're voice-to-texting, but you can say "comma" and "period" and your phone will usually understand. If you want us to read your posts, don't make us work so hard, dude! :).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts