Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it going to be a good thing that there will be no more rental cars on rideshare? I would imagine it to be better for people who own there vehicle. It might keep a lot of people from driving. What does everyone think. Or will they go buy a vehicle? I have never rented for uber/lyft but figure some people do. I have done this for a couple months and have racked up 7k in miles. Mainly for rideshare as I DF to and from my work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are Uber /Lyf stopping the rental programs? Where did you hear this? Is there a link you can send? Yes, if it goes back to how it was prior to this program, there will be much higher demand/surge due to less drivers on the road.

·
Banned
1,531 Posts

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
That's crazy to me you would have to work full time. Don't you have to hit a certain number of rides as well
Lyft offers a program that gives you the rental for "free" if you hit a certain required rides as well as a certain amount of the rides occurring during their peak times.
Uber no longer offers a way to get a free rental that I'm aware of

I do remember you had to do a minimum of 20 rides with hertz to keep the rental, I'm not sure if that's still a thing or not

·
Super Moderator
13,348 Posts
That's crazy to me you would have to work full time. Don't you have to hit a certain number of rides as well
Its tiered. I think 91 rides a week pays the rental cost in full . I'm not sure what the exact numbers are, but something like 70 rides a week leaves you paying a $100 per week and 50 rides a week, you pay $50 etc

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Hertz is supposedly ending their program as well. One of my fares today was a Hertz adjuster, picked him up from a body shop in Superior going to Boulder. He was coming from inspecting a rideshare rental that had been wrecked Friday night. He said there was an internal memo a few weeks back that Hertz is looking at terminating or restructuring and the program and limiting the number of cars. One issue all the rental companies are having, there are so many cars out for rideshare rentals, they are having problems meeting general need. He said that the office in Boulder he works out of, they have 10 cars out on rideshare rental, and are short 4 cars for general need. They've had to turn away customers.

Last week, had a guy as a pax, his GF has a rental on Lyft's program. She has to make $350 per week to get the car for free. He was saying the week before, she only did $175.00 and was informed that she needs to kick in the difference. She was planning to turn in the rental and start using her own car. She was also doing Uber with it, she couldn't sign up via the Hub, she had to do it online. I was told by a different pax that he had to 93 fares, and 30 of them during prime time for the Lyft rental. I think it might depend on when you sign up as to what the requirements are.

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Lyft offers a program that gives you the rental for "free" if you hit a certain required rides as well as a certain amount of the rides occurring during their peak times.
Uber no longer offers a way to get a free rental that I'm aware of

I do remember you had to do a minimum of 20 rides with hertz to keep the rental, I'm not sure if that's still a thing or not
Nothing for free.while lyft has the option for free "rental" you also have to give up your power driver bonus,which you probably would get if you hit the number of rides require for that "free rental".

·
Banned
1,980 Posts
Nothing for free.while lyft has the option for free "rental" you also have to give up your power driver bonus,which you probably would get if you hit the number of rides require for that "free rental".
Yeah in Denver the requirements for the $5 weekly rental (before taxes) is basically the same as the top PDB which is $290 so basically if you do the rental with lyft in Denver you're paying over $300 a week for an economical box piece o crap

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.