Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1,239 Posts
I believe your market is one of the worst in the county to work in.
From what I hear, all of South Florida gets screwed. Their Lyft apps don't work, the GPS doesn't work, they don't get quests, etc. Must suck to live where the winters are pleasant. :p

· Premium Member
1,832 Posts
That sucks.... I'm guessing the market isn't big enough to offer incentives?
LOL remember........we were the start of the infamous......"Charlotte Surge".

900,000+ in the greater Charlotte city limits, 2.75million in Mecklenburg County. PLENTY big enough. Uber just wanted to use us as the original guinea pig.

Not to mention 60 cents/mile and 11 cents/minute with an 82 cent base fare (rates for Uber X).

Granted it's hella cheap to live here versus other big population cities, but still.................

· Registered
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL remember........we were the start of the infamous......"Charlotte Surge".

900,000+ in the greater Charlotte city limits, 2.75million in Mecklenburg County. PLENTY big enough. Uber just wanted to use us as the original guinea pig.

Not to mention 60 cents/mile and 11 cents/minute with an 82 cent base fare (rates for Uber X).

Granted it's hella cheap to live here versus other big population cities, but still.................
Wow...I had no idea.

So, it seems like they're reserving their incentives for the really, really big markets then. That's the only way any of this will make sense.

· Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Wow...I had no idea.

So, it seems like they're reserving their incentives for the really, really big markets then. That's the only way any of this will make sense.
Honestly because I have gone so long without, it doesn't affect me. It isn't like it was something I had that got taken away from me.

Hence the word....."bonus".

I have made this statement/opinion here many times. U/L (especially Uber) is cutting back on these Quests. Eventually they will no longer offer them. Then what? Drivers who made A LOT of "extra" money will now be making WHAT THEY SHOULD BE MAKING. And new drivers that have no clue how it used to be will go on their merry way, accepting every ping, driving 18 miles for a ping, never cancelling, not longhauling, etc............which is EXACTLY WHAT UBER WANTS.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.