Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those drivers who have not noticed and have not been on the road such as myself, I was shocked to discover that the Uber Idaho team decided to get rid of the Hourly Guarantees, either temporarily or permanently. As far as I can tell, this goes back to the first part of October, perhaps even sooner. It worked by Uber kicking in the difference if your fares were less than the guaranteed rate. Usually, the guaranteed rate would be somewhere around $20/hour for the weekend hours between 10 pm and 3 am, and you would have had to get 1.5 trips per hour (7.5 trips per 5-hour shift) and have an acceptance rate of at least 90% to qualify.

The importance of this change is because if a driver made the $20/hour, after expenses it would be something like $15 an hour. Now with no guarantees in place, Team Uber Idaho must be seeing a significant downturn in rider request and /or a saturated market of drivers. In other words, an ample supply of drivers and not enough rider request.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those drivers who have not noticed and have not been on the road such as myself, I was shocked to discover that the Uber Idaho team decided to get rid of the Hourly Guarantees, either temporarily or permanently. As far as I can tell, this goes back to the first part of October, perhaps even sooner. It worked by Uber kicking in the difference if your fares were less than the guaranteed rate. Usually, the guaranteed rate would be somewhere around $20/hour for the weekend hours between 10 pm and 3 am, and you would have had to get 1.5 trips per hour (7.5 trips per 5-hour shift) and have an acceptance rate of at least 90% to qualify.

The importance of this change is because if a driver made the $20/hour, after expenses it would be something like $15 an hour. Now with no guarantees in place, Team Uber Idaho must be seeing a significant downturn in rider request and /or a saturated market of drivers. In other words, an ample supply of drivers and not enough rider request.
I was worried about this, We have to many drivers pitting against each other and not revealing some good techniques to ensure Uber's success. In other words the riders are requesting less and less due to no driver availability...even though there are plenty of drivers we need to be more pro social with each other,...for instance right now there is high demand in the Meridian Kuna area,....orange baby,...so Uber on!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts

I think it's temporary, Uber is taking a bit to catch on but it's not going anywhere and hands down beats taxi service,...once it catches on even more which is actually happening faster than we think,....and possibly a massive driver correction (drivers that are in it for the long haul and can make the cut) . After all this it'll be coooool,..hehe for now build your network and bank off of that and many other particulars. Uber On!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uber doesn't need to have a guarantee period right now for Boise because whatever demand there is for rides can be easily met by the idle drivers. Conversely, during the summer months when people are likely to be out and about attending events or headed for the bar, Uber wants drivers to be online for much of the five-hour block to keep customer satisfaction high with lower wait times. Will Uber Idaho bring it back for New Years, even Spring and Summer 2016? By then the Uber market could be overwhelmed even more because of Uber's practice of flooding the market with new drivers via commercials and word of mouth claiming you can make "good money". Will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts

You seem very unhappy about being a driver. You are quite critical of Uber. maybe you should do something that makes you happier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the record, every idea I have expressed here has been said multiple times elsewhere on the UberPeople forums and some people are much more critical of Uber. Maybe your advice applies to them as well. Happy typing and good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts