Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if it is public knowledge but Uber guys don't get Carpool rate.

I said "Car Pool" at the Lincoln Tunnel booth lowering windows to show the occuppants. Then the attendant asked if I am Uber or Taxi. Hearing that I am Uber he said that I don't get carpool rate. Disappointed o_O :(

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Another reason for us to avoid NY rides. I've gotten a few good NY rides lately but this may make me go back to denying NY rides.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
The New York description is quite specific:
Port Authority Carpool Plan: Available All Hours
The Port Authority Carpool Plan (PACP) is available to Class 1 and 11 vehicles with non-commercial plates and private E-ZPass accounts at E-ZPass New York or New Jersey. Enrollment is required. The Port Authority Carpool Plan toll rate is $6.50 per trip (plus $9.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles), provided that there are three or more people in the vehicle and that the vehicle is not engaged in commerce or business (i.e., making or intended to make a profit, including a passenger vehicle for hire). Customers must use a staffed "Cash/E-ZPass" lane and come to a complete stop so that the Toll Collector can verify the number of occupants in the vehicle. Plan Code: (PACP).​

The New Jersey is not:
Port Authority Carpool Plan (Account specific)
The Port Authority Carpool Plan is available to vehicles with non-commercial plates and private E-ZPass accounts. Enrollment is required. The Plan toll rate is $6.50 per trip (plus $9.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles), provided that there are 3 or more people in the vehicle. Customers must use a staffed "Cash/E-ZPass" lane and come to a complete stop so that the Toll Collector can verify the number of occupants in the vehicle.​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts