Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had two trips that I waited on the pax upon my arrival, and neither showed up in a timely fashion so I canceled the trips accordingly. No harm no foul...so I thought!

I then check my trip activity log and Uber did not credit me for either cancellation. Now I waited 6 minutes on the 1st trip and 8 minutes on the 2nd trip, but no soup for me! The only benefit is on the 2nd cancelation I got an immediate request with a x1.5 surge.

My ?tion though is are we now not getting credited for canceled trips when waiting 6+ minutes for pax? Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
it's gettin bad ...on top of this :

4.97 1.00 (1.00) (0.99) 3.98
09:40PM 297E90B4-C88F-45BE-9237- 4.28 1.00 (1.00) (0.86) 3.42
09:50PM 88374D88-4DA4-4CF9-AFAB- 4.00 1.00 (1.00) (0.80) 3.20
10:03PM 86B838E5-64CD-4416-9A58- 10.35 1.00 (1.00) (2.07) 8.28
11:19PM 5C129DFC-4BE6-4017-8C69- 5.23 1.00 (1.00) (1.05) 4.18

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I got one for PAX wrong address the other day. I wonder if they are requiring a phone call before hitting cancel.

Lyft is also really bad with it. I have had a support request out for a week on a cancel.

I can guess why too - Uber and Lyft don't want to do anything to discourage customers from using THEIR service now that competition has heated up. And who gets shafted? Why, drivers, of course!

·
Registered
39 Posts
it's gettin bad ...on top of this :

4.97 1.00 (1.00) (0.99) 3.98
09:40PM 297E90B4-C88F-45BE-9237- 4.28 1.00 (1.00) (0.86) 3.42
09:50PM 88374D88-4DA4-4CF9-AFAB- 4.00 1.00 (1.00) (0.80) 3.20
10:03PM 86B838E5-64CD-4416-9A58- 10.35 1.00 (1.00) (2.07) 8.28
11:19PM 5C129DFC-4BE6-4017-8C69- 5.23 1.00 (1.00) (1.05) 4.18
Drive to where people need to drive farther. In my town, there are a couple of looong streets with no exits.
People often end up having to cross this. This is more money for you.

You will end up in the poor house with 5$ rides where you only get to keep$3.20.

This uber safe rides fee is a vile vile thing.
You are getting 64% of that fare only 2/3 of it.

I started keeping a log of the average dollar ride per area. It helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got one for PAX wrong address the other day. I wonder if they are requiring a phone call before hitting cancel.

Lyft is also really bad with it. I have had a support request out for a week on a cancel.

I can guess why too - Uber and Lyft don't want to do anything to discourage customers from using THEIR service now that competition has heated up. And who gets shafted? Why, drivers, of course!
Of course you have to try to contact the rider. Why would you not do this anyway?

·
Registered
459 Posts
So I had two trips that I waited on the pax upon my arrival, and neither showed up in a timely fashion so I canceled the trips accordingly. No harm no foul...so I thought!

I then check my trip activity log and Uber did not credit me for either cancellation. Now I waited 6 minutes on the 1st trip and 8 minutes on the 2nd trip, but no soup for me! The only benefit is on the 2nd cancelation I got an immediate request with a x1.5 surge.

My ?tion though is are we now not getting credited for canceled trips when waiting 6+ minutes for pax? Anyone else experience this?
upon arrival text pax: i am here... no reply in five minutes hit cancel. you alerted the pax, then you should be able to get the money. i usually do not call, but when i am super bored, i do call.

one time i canceled when the pax was running towards my car lol.... ooops, my bad. there was a surge, right after this person requested, so i had to cancel in order to get the surge fair., i am not wasting a second on someone who is not considerate to call within 5 minutes. if person is not in my car within 5 minutes thats their problem. 5 minutes, no show, i cancel and log off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
upon arrival text pax: i am here... no reply in five minutes hit cancel. you alerted the pax, then you should be able to get the money. i usually do not call, but when i am super bored, i do call.

one time i canceled when the pax was running towards my car lol.... ooops, my bad. there was a surge, right after this person requested, so i had to cancel in order to get the surge fair., i am not wasting a second on someone who is not considerate to call within 5 minutes. if person is not in my car within 5 minutes thats their problem. 5 minutes, no show, i cancel and log off.
How do you determine the current surge rate while you are on the pickup screen. ie: if it jacked up to 2x surge after you accepted....etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

one time i canceled when the pax was running towards my car lol.... ooops, my bad. there was a surge, right after this person
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I arrived, waited, texted the rider, got no reply, canceled after 6 min and moved on then when I checked my trip log it came up as "canceled by driver" as it should, but I wasn't given the cancel fee like I was many times prior with the same scenario. Therefore, I'm assuming Uber has revoked that option which suck for us if that's the case!

@ ya other comment about the pax running towards your car, that's freaking hilarious! I wish you had video footage...lmbo!!!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
When you canceled did you hit rider no show? Usually when you hit rider no show then you should get the cancel fee, provided at least 5 minutes have past since you arrived, or the app automatically showed you as arriving. It may be a little confusing now that you don't have to actually tap arrived since the app will do it for you, but that clock will start at some point and you just have to be aware of it and wait out the 5 minutes. I will call the rider at least once before cancelling as I might be just down the road from the rider. Last night I actually stopped by the rider, and then continued as it looked like he was just on a smoke break and the pin had him 1/4 mile down the road further. I called the rider and he said I think you passed me. Well shoot man why not turn your phone on to see where I am so that I can see the glow in the dark and realize you are the pickup. It's comical at times. I would have cancelled on him otherwise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you canceled did you hit rider no show? Usually when you hit rider no show then you should get the cancel fee, provided at least 5 minutes have past since you arrived, or the app automatically showed you as arriving. It may be a little confusing now that you don't have to actually tap arrived since the app will do it for you, but that clock will start at some point and you just have to be aware of it and wait out the 5 minutes. I will call the rider at least once before cancelling as I might be just down the road from the rider. Last night I actually stopped by the rider, and then continued as it looked like he was just on a smoke break and the pin had him 1/4 mile down the road further. I called the rider and he said I think you passed me. Well shoot man why not turn your phone on to see where I am so that I can see the glow in the dark and realize you are the pickup. It's comical at times. I would have cancelled on him otherwise.
Yeah I hit "rider no show"...that's why I'm baffled b/c I've been doing this for a minute and I know how the system worked up until not getting my back to back cancel fees like I have in times past. I also noticed that we don't have to tap arrived like you mentioned, so I take that into consideration when the 5 min timer starts.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yeah I hit "rider no show"...that's why I'm baffled b/c I've been doing this for a minute and I know how the system worked up until not getting my back to back cancel fees like I have in times past. I also noticed that we don't have to tap arrived like you mentioned, so I take that into consideration when the 5 min timer starts.
Definitely strange. I will have to keep an eye on that myself. Haven't had this issue in quite some time as most of my rides are either ready or come out shortly after I call or get there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Definitely strange. I will have to keep an eye on that myself. Haven't had this issue in quite some time as most of my rides are either ready or come out shortly after I call or get there.
Most of mine are too. Just let me know what happens the next time you need to cancel a trip and if Uber compensates you for it or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Got a stop watch I hit so I can see in real time. But usually my pax are going,to work or the airport so,they aren't trying to be late.. Had a pilot today he said I got there really fast. App said I was five mins away. Got there in two. 5 starts for me..

·
Registered
459 Posts
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. I arrived, waited, texted the rider, got no reply, canceled after 6 min and moved on then when I checked my trip log it came up as "canceled by driver" as it should, but I wasn't given the cancel fee like I was many times prior with the same scenario. Therefore, I'm assuming Uber has revoked that option which suck for us if that's the case!

@ ya other comment about the pax running towards your car, that's freaking hilarious! I wish you had video footage...lmbo!!!
well, i am still collecting my cancel fee money. may be you are not waiting long enough. i start count once the vehicle is right next to the pin, and the app sends the message to pax. thats when the timer starts. i wait 6 minutes, then cancel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts