Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ecoregion Map World Font Line
How many requests you get from jersey since you dropped him off?
7 request from Jersey in the snow... Lyft needs to geo fence during bad snow... Who gon travel 32 mins way..even got a request from. BURLINGTON NJ

Lyft Line that far... Plz

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Use the destination filter, you get 3 a day, set it for a long distance away from you. Until you arrive you can stay on that destination route and it won't count as one use.

I'm pretty sure it resets every midnight too. Could be wrong about that though.

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
View attachment 105103
7 request from Jersey in the snow... Lyft needs to geo fence during bad snow... Who gon travel 32 mins way..even got a request from. BURLINGTON NJ

Lyft Line that far... Plz
They need to geofence period. I am not driving 20+ minutes and have to come outta my pockets $5 for the toll back for a 33% off fare. Since the geofence got removed my Lyft driving has declined over 90% and I'm sure I'm far from the only one.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
They need to geofence period. I am not driving 20+ minutes and have to come outta my pockets $5 for the toll back for a 33% off fare. Since the geofence got removed my Lyft driving has declined over 90% and I'm sure I'm far from the only one.
Mine hasn't gone down 90% only about 50%, but my acceptance rate has gone from 95% to 60% thanks to crap like this...

Map Font World Parallel Terrestrial plant

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
Mine currently stands at 45% for the week and I have only ignored requests from NJ while in PA. I got 3 in a row again last night. They can f right off with that nonsense. I made Uber a lot of money again yesterday.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Mine currently stands at 45% for the week and I have only ignored requests from NJ while in PA. I got 3 in a row again last night. They can f right off with that nonsense. I made Uber a lot of money again yesterday.
Someone at Lyft has to be looking at the numbers (or this thread) and realizing they are screwing themselves, right?

This is literally the 3rd time in the last 14 months or so that I decided I was done with Uber and going with Lyft 100% of the time and Lyft did something to piss me off and switch back.

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
Someone at Lyft has to be looking at the numbers (or this thread) and realizing they are screwing themselves, right?
That would require someone in management over there to have competence and desire for profit which are two things experience has convinced me are entirely against their principles.

As far as accepting and not going, I'm not that guy. I get the reasoning behind it but I'm not about screwing customers for things that aren't their fault. Lyft deserves the punishment when they pull that Mickey Mouse BS, not the guy looking for a ride. It's not the customers fault Lyft played themselves buy cutting their rates to match Uber's in NJ so now nobody drives for them in NJ and they have no coverage there. That's why they removed the geofence. Sorry a******s, I'm not beat.

My original motivation to get Lyft was to drive for them in NJ when Uber first cut their rates there. I used to drive Lyft only when I was in South Jersey and was never not busy despite being more expensive. I have done exactly 0 Lyft rides in NJ west of the GSP since Lyft cut their rates to match. Now I won't drive for them unless I'm west of the Schuylkill and even then probably not.

Font Circle Logo Number Brand

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
194 Posts
Use the destination filter, you get 3 a day, set it for a long distance away from you. Until you arrive you can stay on that destination route and it won't count as one use.

I'm pretty sure it resets every midnight too. Could be wrong about that though.
The issue with the destination filters are you will not get paid any surges, boosts or primes while its on. Great way to TRY to head in one direction but at regular rate.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It only stops you from getting guarantees for the hour. It does not affect Power Driver or Prime Time. I use it all the time to grab rides downtown on surge or to the airport.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts