Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, UBER deactivated my account after someone totalled my last car. Got a new car and set everything up with UBER and Lyft, still waiting on UBER to re-activate me, but have been up and running for almost two weeks with Lyft.

I love the Lyft app and tips are a huge plus, but I can't get rides for shit. I wait for hours in the short north without a single ping. As we speak I've in the short north during ComFest and I've gotten 5 rides from 6:30p to 1am and made less than $40.

I'm ready to go back to Uber.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I would be killing it, instead I just waited for hours. I was going stir crazy, so I J ust started driving til I got lost. I was so bored, I didn't even care I was wasting gas. I figured maybe someone in the burbs might need a ride.

I think I'm going to UBER downtown to find out what's taking so long. They should only have to update my vehicle, they already have everything else. As slow as these two weeks have been with Lyft, I'm sure I could be making double with UBER.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The problem is that Lyft is in a "catch 22" in some markets. Drivers that run Uber and Lyft also get such long Lyft pings, and ignore or turn it off. Riders can't get drivers close enough to pick them up. So, not enough drivers or riders. What needs to happen is more Uber drivers sign up for Lyft also, so the pings will be shorter, thus more riders will sign up.

Now I know we don't need more Uber drivers! Just more doing both.

Thus, as an Uber driver I can fill in with some Lyft rides.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The problem is that Lyft is in a "catch 22" in some markets. Drivers that run Uber and Lyft also get such long Lyft pings, and ignore or turn it off. Riders can't get drivers close enough to pick them up. So, not enough drivers or riders. What needs to happen is more Uber drivers sign up for Lyft also, so the pings will be shorter, thus more riders will sign up.

Now I know we don't need more Uber drivers! Just more doing both.

Thus, as an Uber driver I can fill in with some Lyft rides.
Here in Columbus Lyft driver supply has more than surpassed Lyft pax demand. Back in March when Lyft first came back, it was common for me to get requests 30+ minutes away. Over the last 30 days I haven't had a request more than 10 minutes away. I take 4 to 5 Uber trips for every 1 Lyft trip currently. The Lyft pax requests continue to increase, but it is still slow. I'm sure when OSU comes back in fall session, requests will increase sharply.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been able to hit the Lyft 20% metric twice and the 10% one once over the past month, so rides are out there... then again, I drive overnight so there is plenty of bar action, trips to the airport, etc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't get any rides til 2am, then I get about 4-5 rides before it dies down again. I did alright on Sunday morning. I'm activated on Uber now, so I'll be running them both and see how it goes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been able to hit the Lyft 20% metric twice and the 10% one once over the past month, so rides are out there... then again, I drive overnight so there is plenty of bar action, trips to the airport, etc
I do both and I get more Uber's but some days I seem to get more Lyft s it's weird, campus is where the Lyft rides are though

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had hit Lyft's 20% for like 7 of 8 weeks doing both Lyft and Uber until I was deactivated by Lyft two weeks ago. Until my attorney gets me reactivated, I'm just on Uber. But Lyft was definitely picking up steam lately.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had hit Lyft's 20% for like 7 of 8 weeks doing both Lyft and Uber until I was deactivated by Lyft two weeks ago. Until my attorney gets me reactivated, I'm just on Uber. But Lyft was definitely picking up steam lately.
You're going to pay an attorney to get you back on a Rideshare platform that pays pennies? Why not just give me the money and I will tell you the same thing an attorney would mainly you are shyt out of luck.
12541001_1039044482829794_4097268665017108327_n.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
You're going to pay an attorney to get you back on a Rideshare platform that pays pennies? Why not just give me the money and I will tell you the same thing an attorney would mainly you are shyt out of luck. View attachment 112178
No, an attorney would not tell me I'm out of luck when an agreement was violated.

If I were making pennies, I wouldn't care. I've been making a comfortable living off this for two years. I'm not making pennies. If it sucked so bad for you, why are you even here? Why do you care whether others keep doing it?

It's funny to me to watch so many bitter people continue to come here who flaked out, and despite it being such a miserable experience, want to keep coming to talk about it. If you hated it so much and sucked so bad at it, move on with your life. Do something else and don't look back. Stop dwelling on your failures.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah everyone else but you is a total failure. Anybody who is in love with the Uber Lyft business model either never picks up any horrible people never really Drive much or
IMG_20170427_185035952.jpg
directly or indirectly work for the companies.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't say anything about everyone else being total failures. On the contrary, the only thing I said was that for someone to keep coming here so much to badmouth the company and the profession, they must have really bombed badly to be bitter enough to spend that much energy in complaining. There are plenty of people here probably making a great living and doing very well. I have done well with it personally but I'm positive I'm not the only one. Yes, I've had my share of unpleasant riders; I've had my share of frustration with Uber for its ridiculous policies, its nonstop stubbornness and passive aggressive timeouts; I certainly don't like everything Uber does. But you know what? I make my money, keep my head down and just do what I'm paid to do. I don't have to love Uber to be successful with it.

I'm actually considering dropping Uber, or at least phasing it out, but it's not because of the pay or the company... it's the police in this city. It's becoming nearly impossible to legally pick up or drop off passengers in bar areas. Like literally, there are areas where it's physically impossible to drop off someone within a few blocks of the destination if you want to obey the law in strict letter. Mostly I just get passive aggressive warnings but I've had to fight a few tickets and it's starting to become not worth the effort.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do both lyft and uber until lyft becomes the thing here but lyft is soooooo much better I don't even mind having to switch to navigation outside the app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts