Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you pick up Uber drivers?

• Yes, I do not deduct stars for not tipping and they are just like any other rider

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Yes, but I will deduct stars if they do not tip

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • No, if they are as dumb as me for driving with Uber, they don't deserve a ride

Votes: 4 12.5%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last current week, I picked up two drivers on purpose thinking they would be tippers. I believe the first one was on Monday from the coastal area. I told him about this site and talked about teaching him how to do "skipping". SOB didnt tip so I gave him a 4 star. ALL DRIVERS SHOULD BE TIPPING THEIR UBER DRIVER! So last night I am skipping probably 10 pings as I am trying to get that Orange to Red but drivers still taking these $1.10 fares. I end up seeing a driver and think, "it isn't surging but if I take anyone, I should take a driver and make up the fare with a tip." He is at 4.71 but I know that is driving not riding. He doesn't take the ride but a friend does on his account. When I pulled up, he was outside so that was positive. I told him I skipped a whole bunch of calls but took his knowing he was a driver. The friend directed me away from WAZE but I swallowed my Waze pride and took the directions which was fine. No tip either! Gave a 4 star again and now I am pissed. Both riders, as drivers, can see their rating instantly and then retaliate against me. One gave me a 1 or 2 and the other gave a 4. As many of you guys know, I only do 1 or 2 rides a day as I cherry pick to go towards my office or towards my home. So I can tell when the rating came in a lot better than if I took a ton of rides everyday. No more! Screw drivers and sad that they are as cheap as the PAX we pick up. Only excuse these ******** have is that they refuse tips when offered....which makes them not ******** but ******ed ********.
/end rant

·
Registered
625 Posts
Drivers will have 2 numbers after the decimal, such as 4.71 vs just 4.7

·
Premium Member
10,857 Posts
You forgot drivers with low ratings. Like the one I cancellec on, 4.31

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Surprised all but me would pick up drivers. I shouldn't worry about my rating as it is above 4.8 and I might have had two bad cases of drivers that don't tip.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sorry, but I don't carry cash, as a driver or when I need a ride. Unfortunately Uber is to stupid to add this feature into their app.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Both riders, as drivers, can see their rating instantly and then retaliate against me.
/end rant
I have never been a pax until today. Had a slow leak in my tire on the way to my real job so dropped the car at discount and ubered to work and back to discount.

First guy knew his way around ok but I now see why the pax like my car nav. I told him which direction to head and we traveled at least a block before the phone nav caught up.

Back seat was stained (light material--how anyone could do this especially with light cloth seats and not get a car seat cover I don't know.) He was 4.6 and said he'd been Ubering since january. So on verge of deactivation? Who knows? Seemed a bit taciturn but who knows how many folks he'd talked to already. I did tell him to go a different way to my building which could be annoying but hey its the med center and the GPS was really going to go a stupid way.

Gave him a tip and 5*. Had I not known about uber's stupid ratings I might have given him a 4 for the stained seat and not being very friendly. As it was I was embarrassed at the cheap fare ($6.64 my end - was free for me and I wish I'd told him to drive another 10 miles if he wanted but it didn't occur to me.)

Driver going back was Vietnamese and couldn't find me even though the pin was correct and I inputted the address. Then he called and got stuck going in the wrong direction because he insisted on going the way the GPS said (the way I told the morning driver NOT to go) and got stuck trying to U turn on Holcombe in 5 pm traffic. Was difficult to explain to him because of the language barrier.

His car was not new but was spotless. And he was pretty friendly. Radio WAY too loud for my taste (no I didn't ask him to turn it down for the 10 minutes in the car. )

He turned into the parking lot BEFORE discount tire. Told him no worries and got out there. Tipped of course. 5 *. Again, maybe 4 if I didn't know the stupid system. He was 4.7.

Both were SAFE and got me there. Without tips it would be much cheaper to park in a neighborhood close to the med center and uber than pay for the parking ($12 after 7 hours). That's just nuts. So I expect nothing but safe quite honestly, although I was a little irritated at the second guy taking way longer to get to me than he should have.

Amyway, how do I see this rating they gave me?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have never been a pax until today. Had a slow leak in my tire on the way to my real job so dropped the car at discount and ubered to work and back to discount.

First guy knew his way around ok but I now see why the pax like my car nav. I told him which direction to head and we traveled at least a block before the phone nav caught up.

Back seat was stained (light material--how anyone could do this especially with light cloth seats and not get a car seat cover I don't know.) He was 4.6 and said he'd been Ubering since january. So on verge of deactivation? Who knows? Seemed a bit taciturn but who knows how many folks he'd talked to already. I did tell him to go a different way to my building which could be annoying but hey its the med center and the GPS was really going to go a stupid way.

Gave him a tip and 5*. Had I not known about uber's stupid ratings I might have given him a 4 for the stained seat and not being very friendly. As it was I was embarrassed at the cheap fare ($6.64 my end - was free for me and I wish I'd told him to drive another 10 miles if he wanted but it didn't occur to me.)

Driver going back was Vietnamese and couldn't find me even though the pin was correct and I inputted the address. Then he called and got stuck going in the wrong direction because he insisted on going the way the GPS said (the way I told the morning driver NOT to go) and got stuck trying to U turn on Holcombe in 5 pm traffic. Was difficult to explain to him because of the language barrier.

His car was not new but was spotless. And he was pretty friendly. Radio WAY too loud for my taste (no I didn't ask him to turn it down for the 10 minutes in the car. )

He turned into the parking lot BEFORE discount tire. Told him no worries and got out there. Tipped of course. 5 *. Again, maybe 4 if I didn't know the stupid system. He was 4.7.

Both were SAFE and got me there. Without tips it would be much cheaper to park in a neighborhood close to the med center and uber than pay for the parking ($12 after 7 hours). That's just nuts. So I expect nothing but safe quite honestly, although I was a little irritated at the second guy taking way longer to get to me than he should have.

Amyway, how do I see this rating they gave me?
Request yourself and see if your rating took a hit. But I doubt that it did - most drivers are rating 5* by default.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Request yourself and see if your rating took a hit. But I doubt that it did - most drivers are rating 5* by default.
I don't care if it did. There are so many drivers around if I ever need a ride I'm sure someone would pick me up.

Besides tips are so rare only a complete ******* driver would not give a 5 to a tipping customer who wasn't a complete jerk. Just curious is all.

I don't have another phone to ping myself.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I don't care if it did. There are so many drivers around if I ever need a ride I'm sure someone would pick me up.

Besides tips are so rare only a complete ******* driver would not give a 5 to a tipping customer who wasn't a complete jerk. Just curious is all.

I don't have another phone to ping myself.
It can be done on the same phone. If you are still curious.
You asked a technical question, I suggested a solution, no deep analysis here ;)

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Forehead Nose Head Chin Eyebrow
It can be done on the same phone. If you are still curious.
You asked a technical question, I suggested a solution, no deep analysis here ;)
I tried that. It just kept pinging other drivers.

Like this guy. And judging by the license plate a fairly new TACOMA. For uberx. Because of the great gas mileage I guess.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just learned something. Thanks.
Not sure if this is still true with the new interface, haven't been ubering much lately so I can't confirm it yet.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Drivers will have 2 numbers after the decimal, such as 4.71 vs just 4.7
I don't think this is correct because I only have 2 rides with uber and both drivers gave me 5* so my pax rating should be 5*, but my driver overall rating is 4.82.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts