Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Another reason why I do a quick-look after every rider exits my car and a full search at the end of the day..
But yah, Uber never said they pay for someone picking up a lost item, only for you going through the hassle of delivering it to them.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I didn't let them come to my house.his phone was under my seat and he tracked it and just showed up and knocked on my door.
The old find my phone trick. Best practice is to do a thorough search at the end of your day. When I find a phone, the first thing I check is if the phone is locked and if locked if they have emergency contacts. If not, I power down the phone, report to Uber, and wait for the Rider to reach out.

Depending on the circumstance, I will negotiate my own return fee. If a tip was received on the trip, I will put a little more effort forth to return the item. Otherwise, you will get your phone on my timeline.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
And oh - if you find an iphone while doing your end of the day search, if you are at home, drive somewhere else to turn it off!
If you turn it off in your garage, Find My iPhone will continue to show it’s last location... so better to drive down to McDonlands or to the freeway on-ramp and turn it off there, then drive back home.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And oh - if you find an iphone while doing your end of the day search, if you are at home, drive somewhere else to turn it off!
If you turn it off in your garage, Find My iPhone will continue to show it's last location... so better to drive down to McDonlands or to the freeway on-ramp and turn it off there, then drive back home.
Next time I find a phone I'm just going to chuck it out the window

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I once dropped someone off in Oak Park right near 696 and Coolidge Hwy and while driving to the next pax, I heard a faint iphone ringtone behind me. I looked back and saw light coming from the floor so I grabbed it and answered it and it was the last pax. I returned the phone and dude handed me a $20 bill and that was after he paid a 2.1X surge from downtown.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts