Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wtf 4x times today.
Waiting 5 min no one coming rider do not show checking bill and 0.0£ for canceling omg. Are you guys also experience this shit after update?

·
Registered
824 Posts
not had a cancellation yet but uber emailed me.and said we have improved the app so you spend more time looking on the road than the phone. but in my view the upgrade is shit

·
Registered
824 Posts
just had a cancellation waited 7 mins before cancelling. Didn't get paid either. what a piss take. I have emailed them. Did you email?

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Wtf 4x times today.
Waiting 5 min no one coming rider do not show checking bill and 0.0£ for canceling omg. Are you guys also experience this shit after update?
Just email after each one. Or use the serious issue section and ask for the fee in the tolls section some one else said. Haven't tried that but sounds like it shod work.

I have an email template. Just add in the trip # and send it again if they don't pay asap. Has always worked for me.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more funny thing yesterday.
I was driving to customer and get a PING from another customer O.O no cancelation by rider was on the screeen O.O

·
Registered
187 Posts
With the new update uber logs when the rider was notified that you arrived. If you press the top right info button and then press contact it shows how many minutes ago you arrived.

You can also check this in the waybill but that only shows the time you accepted the ping.

If you're using a sat nav to get to the rider on the same phone that uber is on, then the rider cancels, the nav will carry on running hence why you got another ping. Although the uber app should come on top of the nav app and show "client cancelled ride" it does on my Galaxy S4 anyway

·
Premium Member
2,580 Posts
With the new update uber logs when the rider was notified that you arrived. If you press the top right info button and then press contact it shows how many minutes ago you arrived.

You can also check this in the waybill but that only shows the time you accepted the ping.

If you're using a sat nav to get to the rider on the same phone that uber is on, then the rider cancels, the nav will carry on running hence why you got another ping. Although the uber app should come on top of the nav app and show "client cancelled ride" it does on my Galaxy S4 anyway
If ur on a job and ur using the nav to get to a drop off point what happens when u have dropped? I've not used the new update yet and my dad having a few issues so need to try explain to him what do ? After u drop does the uber app come back on?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When u on ur way to a pick up and ur using Google if the customer cancels does google stop running or it continues?
Im still using Uber phone with their Uber sat nav so when they cancels it showing me that customer canceled. Only yesterday i had that one funny problem when i was going to customer no cancel nothing and then another ping ;-)

·
Registered
187 Posts
If ur on a job and ur using the nav to get to a drop off point what happens when u have dropped? I've not used the new update yet and my dad having a few issues so need to try explain to him what do ? After u drop does the uber app come back on?
It's the same as prior to the update. I use waze for nav and while it's running there's a little blue button thing that stays on top of waze on the left hand side. If you press that it takes you back to uber app. Then I press the back key and it takes me back to waze. Very easy.

Also uber wouldn't let me open the app unless I updated yesterday

·
Registered
187 Posts
Also now beware with the new update, once you end a trip you are straight away sent back online before rating the passenger. The rating is now shown on the same screen at the bottom. I am used to ending the trip when the rider is still in the car but then rate them once they leave. I can't do this anymore as you have to rate before you can go offline if you don't want another job straight away.

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Also now beware with the new update, once you end a trip you are straight away sent back online before rating the passenger. The rating is now shown on the same screen at the bottom. I am used to ending the trip when the rider is still in the car but then rate them once they leave. I can't do this anymore as you have to rate before you can go offline if you don't want another job straight away.
Why end it early? You then may not have uber insurance if rear-ended. I don't end until everyone and bag a are out and doors closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts