Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I first signed on, they never mentioned no credit unions. My routing and account info was received without protest. Only later did I see that they required a real bank checking account. Seems ridiculous. Has anyone used a credit union to receive payment?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I swear I read that. Can't find it any more.

Nothing to see here. Move along, now.

o_O

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found where I read it. From UberSAV on my welcome email under YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION:
Please note that we cannot make deposits to credit unions, pre-paid debit cards or into savings accounts.
Haven't seen that ANYWHERE else on Uber.

That's alright, though. I opened a free checking account just for this gig to keep easier track of things.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When I first signed on, they never mentioned no credit unions. My routing and account info was received without protest. Only later did I see that they required a real bank checking account. Seems ridiculous. Has anyone used a credit union to receive payment?
No problem here. Been using a credit union for over a year.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem here. Been using a credit union for over a year.
I signed up initially with a credit union then changed after seeing this. Probably an old, outdated macro based email with no human though included.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would've left it with the credit union. Remember credit unions have nice perks. Higher return percentsges, fee free banking, definitely better customer service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started with uber last week. I have a rush card. Anybody know if uber accepts that I emailed uber buy they haven't got back to me yet.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Both Lyft and Uber were depositing to my Amex Serve (prepaid) card which does have a checking account/routing number attached. I just switched my Lyft to a new credit union account, first deposit successful.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even after asking Uber, they stood by that statement.

Stupid people over there sometimes....

Reactions: chi1cabby
1 - 13 of 13 Posts