Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if y'all have the same promotions. There are no ctbs for morning time anymore.
Just after 4pm and late night. And considering I drive mornings mostly, that blows. I mean it's not a lot usually but it does add up to a boost at the end of a week.
Is this what y'all are showing too?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I'm just curious if y'all have the same promotions. There are no ctbs for morning time anymore.
Just after 4pm and late night. And considering I drive mornings mostly, that blows. I mean it's not a lot usually but it does add up to a boost at the end of a week.
Yes. Judging by the amounts of what I do have, Uber seems to be expecting a week of lower demand.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
seems like im getting screwed out of quite a few of them. I don'
Remember is saying you had to accept all of the requests. Just not shut the app off. They don' have the borders hilighted out in real time during the times they were offered. I' goung back to lyft primarily for prime time as long as ubers not paying me the consceutave one correctly next week. They put those ##s up there then dont pay the money out i think. I used to have lyft off during rich hours because the boosts were always guaranteed. Now ubers offering consecutive but not paying them out

·
Registered
223 Posts
No morning rush on mine either this week, and what is offered is all really low. I won't drive if the CTB is below $7, because it's just not worth my time (vs maintenance costs) to make less than $20/hr. I don't have anything after 4a Friday though, so maybe they'll make up for it on the weekend? I hope so - because I need the income this week, and I don't see myself driving with these CTBs.

As for not paying out the CTBs - yeah, you have to accept all requests. It's the top line in the e-mail. "Earn extra by driving 3 consecutive trips without rejecting or cancelling." If you're rejecting requests, you're giving away your CTB. I wonder if sometimes the connectivity is lost and the Uber servers think that you've gone off line, even though the app is live on your screen - which might account for some of the issues I've heard about.

No, the borders haven't been highlighted ever in the months I've been driving. I do wish that they would. The maps that they put on the app are virtually unreadable.

I personally have had no issues with them paying my CTBs. Even when they changed how they accounting for them, as part of the balance rather than added to the trip, they've always been there.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
seems like im getting screwed out of quite a few of them. I don'
Remember is saying you had to accept all of the requests. Just not shut the app off. They don' have the borders hilighted out in real time during the times they were offered. I' goung back to lyft primarily for prime time as long as ubers not paying me the consceutave one correctly next week. They put those ##s up there then dont pay the money out i think. I used to have lyft off during rich hours because the boosts were always guaranteed. Now ubers offering consecutive but not paying them out
Yep, I've had this happen twice. Sucks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Interesting. The app sometimes shows that I've got something other than 100% acceptance rate... and I haven't declined any. I wonder if this is happening to other drivers, and may account for drivers not receiving their CTB?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Make sure you remember to screen shot it once you go after it or once the counter starts. I've had 4 CRB bonuses in the past two weeks not pay out properly. Uber will show the CRB counter in areas where you are not eligible. They are basically playing hide the ball. It routinely happens in and around aurora and also on Tower road. They want to encourage as little lag time as possible between pick ups and they realize drivers will answer pings at a greater distance if they think they are going to make extra.

If you notice, Uber is no longer offering a a detailed map in app where this zone is starting and ending. A few months ago they would routinely show you the zones and often those zones would change depending on the day and time. When I called support and asked them for a map they said it was proprietary. I explained to them I just want to make sure I am doing what I am supposed to do rather than calling support and wondering why I did 3 trips with no payout. No luck, and no info.

I had a 3 ride CRB bonus that originated in downtown for $ 12.50 and they at first said I wasn't eligible. I wrote to support and they then told me I was indeed eligible for the 10 dollars 2 in a row crb promo. I then wrote them again and reminded them it was for $ 12.50 and they were sorry for the confusion. Be vigilant in backing up your records as support does not have any idea what's really going on.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Surge & boost are being restructured to benefit the riders & Uber. To meet the income to debt ratio needed to issue an IPO by the end of 2019, Uber must increase their margin on rides.

Surge & boost are being re-tooled to force drivers to follow Ubers leads. This includes taking ALL trips sent to the driver, follow the route given and do so during the times that Uber wants you on the street.

The algorithm will keep drivers grossing $18-$21 per hour, if all trips are taken. This does not include tips. This means that if a driver uses the standard expense calculation of 54.5 percent….a driver will net before taxes around $10 per driving hour.

FYI…some fast food joints are paying the brain-dead $13.00 per hour. That lets you know how much Uber really cares about the quality of the drivers and safety of the riders.

·
12,715 Posts
Surge & boost are being restructured to benefit the riders & Uber. To meet the income to debt ratio needed to issue an IPO by the end of 2019, Uber must increase their margin on rides.
they already increased their margin, when they removed our commission. They are pretty consistently getting at least 30% the fare. Often times more like 40 to 60%. I don't know how much more they can increase it before passenger start going over to competitors

·
Registered
893 Posts
they already increased their margin, when they removed our commission. They are pretty consistently getting at least 30% the fare. Often times more like 40 to 60%. I don't know how much more they can increase it before passenger start going over to competitors
Very true. The scam has a few layers:

They dont want full time or seasoned drivers. They know they are being scammed. The part timers are blind to the deal.

The riders will hang in as the price is right. They are clueless at this point as to the major risk they are taking with an unseasoned driver.

Once the IPO is done, the whole field will change. Uber will be flush with capital. Doubt it will do much for the drivers.

Uber is the greatest ponzi scheme this century. But, if you play the game right, drivers can still make a modest part time income.

Drive safe

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very true. The scam has a few layers:

They dont want full time or seasoned drivers. They know they are being scammed. The part timers are blind to the deal.

The riders will hang in as the price is right. They are clueless at this point as to the major risk they are taking with an unseasoned driver.

Once the IPO is done, the whole field will change. Uber will be flush with capital. Doubt it will do much for the drivers.

Uber is the greatest ponzi scheme this century. But, if you play the game right, drivers can still make a modest part time income.

Drive safe
So true. If you compare the fare details in your phone and via their online portal you'll see what's going on. The more drivers they have that aren't aware the less likely they are to complain. I haven't noticed Gryft doing this but fewer of my rides are for them. From what I can see they are more transparent in providing the actual breakdown of fare. Passengers don't care one bit. They only care that they are getting a cheap ride. Work this gig for what it is and maximize your time/earnings in the car.

·
12,715 Posts
Last week I had two Uber passengers and one Lyft passenger tell me what they were quoted. In my app, all three were wrong.$7-$10 off. At this point, why even lie to us? We got suckered in to these agreements that makes this legal. So why even waste the energy in covering up things? I would think the money could be used for something more useful

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.