Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
90% of the t/s drivers work it backwards..i never seen more stupid things....Q ID 30 CARS no surge....surge is 1.4 + of a firday not more than 3 cars in Q till surge is gone...its not demand ..its stupid ants

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
While back we used to have a surge cycle at the train. Where it used to have a upside Cycle when it would rain all you had to do was wait a couple minutes 2 minutes Cycle the surge would keep climbing Til The ant.. Would just drive right in period After hurts us.. We sit tight . Next thing you know another ant ... now The stations like the airport

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
While back we used to have a surge cycle at the train. Where it used to have a upside Cycle when it would rain all you had to do was wait a couple minutes 2 minutes Cycle the surge would keep climbing Til The ant.. Would just drive right in period After hurts us.. We sit tight . Next thing you know another ant ... now The stations like the airport
I saw 30th st station had like 45 cars in que the other day. You know what let them sit there and get in each other's way.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I saw 30th st station had like 45 cars in que the other day. You know what let them sit there and get in each other's way.
when there's no college students to drive around, all the cars sit at dumb places like 30th st.

45 cars in queue at 30th st is roughly an hour wait.

you'll never catch me in 30th st queue... ever. but weird thing happens. somebody requests a ride using their current location instead of hitting 30th st station, so it comes up as
2970 Market st.

there has been many times... when there's a queue... it'll still throw me that ride. bypassing all the other drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
when there's no college students to drive around, all the cars sit at dumb places like 30th st.

you'll never catch me in 30th st queue... ever. but weird thing happens. somebody requests a ride using their current location instead of hitting 30th st station, so it comes up as
2970 Market st.

there has been many times... when there's a queue... it'll still throw me that ride. bypassing all the other drivers.
In the summer time I treat 30th st like I treat the airport, drop n drive away.

A lot of times I'll get a ping outside 30th st I'll take it. Let the ants sit there.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
we had that surge timed on bad weather 50 people waiting days...if it was a 1.7 and 1 ant just busted thru it will drop even with 50 people waiting 10 mins no cars...go to say a 1.4.... than every 2 mins it would climb...if no ants 8 mins...wow we would do great get like 3 to 4 surge...even if one or 2 came it...funny how an ant will work for $1 a mile to say $2 a mile not knowing any better and get caught up in all this.
we wait 8 mins . and get $460 mile same rides...now t/s is killed.
if very busy 25 people waiting...still no surge 90% of the time

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
we had that surge timed on bad weather 50 people waiting days...if it was a 1.7 and 1 ant just busted thru it will drop even with 50 people waiting 10 mins no cars...go to say a 1.4.... than every 2 mins it would climb...if no ants 8 mins...wow we would do great get like 3 to 4 surge...even if one or 2 came it...funny how an ant will work for $1 a mile to say $2 a mile not knowing any better and get caught up in all this.
we wait 8 mins . and get $460 mile same rides...now t/s is killed.
if very busy 25 people waiting...still no surge 90% of the time
Ahhh I miss the good Ol days!

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was one glorious moment this year that gave me hope for us. After an eagles game I was at 30th. It was 1.7. I literally watched for 45 minutes as drivers in the lot ignored every possible ping and got to see frustrated pax that kept confusedly reordering. You could hear the uber requests going off in others' cars. I guess all the ants were still trying to get out of the Linc. The surge never climbed, I don't think, but it always warms my heart to see pax unhappy with uber.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts

2970 Market st.

Crusing down market street east bound is much better that dying at 30th st

1 - 16 of 16 Posts