Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had double orders at Hooters on Hillsborough? Maybe this has been covered before but I want to tell my experiences...there is a large volume of Eats orders coming out of here. Back around the holidays and Super Bowl week I was sent to this Hooters with double orders. The manager told me he didn't allow any drivers to walk out with more than one order...so I called support and they got on the phone with the manager and she talked him into letting me get both orders this time only. Manager told me a girl Eats driver had messed up by switching orders, apparently got dinged by support and came back in the next day and yelled at the girls behind the counter blaming them so he banned her and input one order only policy. During this same period I went back and sure enough I got a 2nd request while waiting. I told the girl, expecting a problem but she told me they were so busy she didn't care and gave them to me. Fast forward to Thursday night, I got 2 orders again...counter girl said she could only give me one, manager's orders. I called Eats support to see which one they wanted me to get, support rep wanted to talk to the manager so I handed him my phone and he told her no way about 10 times...rep gets back on phone with me and says to just pickup whichever order was ready...by this time both orders were ready. I asked her which one, she put me on hold for like 5 minutes, came back and said her supervisor wanted her to talk to the manager again! I explained the risk of really pissing him off and he was close enough to overhear me...he looked at me like WTF! she won't listen right? He grabbed the phone and literally reamed her out in front of me and the counter girls who were laughing. She was explaining to him that as an UberEats partner he had signed a contract and was obligated to honor batched orders...he yelled 10 times at her, I DON'T GIVE A SH** , I'M NOT DOING IT! She was still repeating the same thing over and over after he had handed the phone back. I told her he was done with her, she still wanted to recite the partnership policy to me. I finally walked out with 1 order, which went a 1/2 mile to a gentleman's club of all places, that's a whole other story. So of course last night, Friday same thing happens. I just picked 1st order and left, completed trip and started 2nd trip even though I had no order, waited 15 min. and put down I couldn't deliver order and left explanation of manager's policy. I got paid full for both orders and no marks against me! I actually try to avoid this place but eventually you get sucked into the area and so much comes out you get requests always.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You spent entirely too much time on that delivery. They did sign an agreement and they can't deny batched orders. Instead of messing with all that crap, I'd tag both as unable to deliver and never go back.

But to answer your question- I have seen batched orders leave there, as a matter of fact it was last night I observed it. I don't do batched trips, they cheat you on the pickup/drop off fee and almost always the food isn't going in the same direction and fares constantly needed to be adjusted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't think so about the waste of time. I showed them both picked up. Got paid 3.47 on 1st one, 6.86 on 2nd order that never happened. Drove 1.76 mile total $10.33. That was Thurs. Friday marked both picked up, got paid 5.44 on 1st, 5.75 on 2nd. Drove 4.1 miles total $11.19. Top it off tonight...yeah it happened again...2 drivers in front also were turned down on batched orders. Girl told me in a very nasty tone...Only one! Marked both picked up. 1st one paid 3.89, 2nd paid 7.57! Drove 2.7 mile total $11.47 . On each 2nd order I never delivered I picked "other" reason for not able to deliver. I wrote unable to deliver and explained Hooters manager policy. I get paid so let them figure it out. I never called back support after 1st night. BTW, both managers adhere to the same policy and told me policy came down from Corporate and they would have to answer to their supervisors if they allow any drivers take out any more "double orders". I gladly take batched orders always, I've had batched orders going the same house 4 times...I get paid double for the same miles. Why would I not want that?

·
Banned
408 Posts
Was told the same once when I was there, girl gave me the "I dont give a ****" and gave me both, not that id fight it, whatever. If you like less efficiency so be it. I think that same day the lady at evos almost denied me having 2 orders as well. People are weird.

But rw is correct, uber takes more from you when you have multiple orders. I used to refuse them as well, but since my new 35% price point, I cant turn much away if I ever want to come close to my nightly goals.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Had a weird convo the other day with a Hillsborough hooters customer, said something about them calling and have him re-enter his order, blah blah. For some reason it popped in my head today when I was there, and thought about this thread.

So by you accepting the order, driving around then canceling, you are causing a shit ton of chaos. Where as if you just dont accept a 2nd or cancel at the restaurant it'll just bounce to another uber. Not telling you to stop, just warning you, what you are doing is essentially theft and the more ya do it the more attention your gonna bring to your thievery.

I think id eat a bullet if I got fired from a shitty job like uber.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warning. I don't cancel the order, I actually informed Ubereats each time. It happened last Thur, Fri, Sat...maybe I'm getting the leftovers after other drivers have canceled when manager told them they couldn't take 2 orders. When the 2nd trip pops up I select "could not deliver" and in list of options as to why...I explain the whole issue with the manager at Hooters. I also have sent the support people emails on the whole situation and asked them to escalate it. They respond with the usual gratitude and concern that I am the one who is enduring frustration and hassle...but they continue to pay me. BTW acceptance rate is 100% and cancellation rate is 0% with a satisfaction rating of 99%. I just went over 1100 completed trips this past weekend, my 3rd month of Eats...each week requests have increased hence so has the payout. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
f batch orders i wont do them that is taking money from you and other drivers instead of two 7 dollar trips they pay out 4.50 per trip to total 9 dollars and you think cool and extra 2 dollars to take another order around the corner but all it does is put more money in ubers pocket because they dont pass the savings to the customer they still charge customers the same so they get 14 keep 5 then take their percent out of the 9 they give you and they end up making more money then you on those trips

·
Banned
408 Posts
See, marking it as undeliverable assumes you received the product wether you explained it to the Indian customer service reps or not, the system thinks you received it and u could not deliver it. Taking it out of queue and causing customers issues.

Where as someone with COMMON SENSE, would know where they are heading when a 2nd trip comes in, and will just ignore the 2nd request.

But that free money for doing nothing is too desirable. But since u did nothing for it, it is theft.

There are ways to cancel/report the issue without getting paid for something you didn't do, leaving the food in queue to be delivered. I wouldnt call you a thief otherwise.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure the customers have called in. You would think Eats would do something...as I said, I have spoken to cs reps by phone, by email, by explanation on each order. What more can I do if they aren't responding and fixing the issue or contacting me with a reprimand??? If Eats cs is hearing from both the customer and myself on each order, don't you agree that they should fix the issue? As far as common sense, I'm sure you're out there to make as much money as you can but go ahead and keep canceling orders or not accepting them...I'm sure Eats will reward you for that...just saying.

BTW, I'm glad we can have a good conversation. You seem to have less anger in your system. Keep up the good work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.