Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
added a full electric vehicle today to my account, got all docs approved, and see comfort electric in ride types but no Uber green and no $1 ev credit on each ride that i thought i was supposed to get.

do i need to do anything? did Uber just f up somewhere? do i need to contact support?

prefer not having to go make a green light hub visit, it is by appointment only and wastes a lot of time driving to and from as well.

·
Premium Member
7,698 Posts
added a full electric vehicle today to my account, got all docs approved, and see comfort electric in ride types but no Uber green and no $1 ev credit on each ride that i thought i was supposed to get.

do i need to do anything? did Uber just f up somewhere? do i need to contact support?

prefer not having to go make a green light hub visit, it is by appointment only and wastes a lot of time driving to and from as well.
You didn't buy an EV just for Uber did you

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,639 Posts
One thing I did notice is that 90% of your rides have to be EV to get the credit. Might take a little time and you might want to call them to see if it's a switch they have to throw.
What credit are you referring to? That has not been my experience.

If she does not see Green on this screen, and is not getting the $1 credit on Green rides, something has not kicked in yet.

EDIT: BRAIN FART. YOU GET THE $1 CREDIT ON EVERY RIDE. You only get the additional Green credit on Green rides (the pax chooses Uber Green). Still, my advice basically stands.

OP, you don't get the $1 credit unless you give a Green ride. If you don't have a checkmarked Uber Green square on your settings screen you won't get a green ride. Fix the first one and the second one should start working. Try support first. You may get lucky.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Number

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,639 Posts
Holy shite! Just noticed that Uber added Uber Share to my app and auto checked it. Thanks for the post I wouldn't have known before getting a Pool ride. Gonna kill that muthu post haste.

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,639 Posts
OP, see my edit on previous post.

BTW, One thing interesting about Uber Green, riders have told me they chose Green because their were not X cars available. Pretty funny since my car is both.

Reactions: og bunky

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,639 Posts
One thing I did notice is that 90% of your rides have to be EV to get the credit. Might take a little time and you might want to call them to see if it's a switch they have to throw.
Oh hey, I guess you're right. Just checked a Green ride and received no credit for it. That's a change from the last time I looked. We used to get .50 cents additional.

Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

BTW, One thing interesting about Uber Green, riders have told me they chose Green because their were not X cars available. Pretty funny since my car is both.
I'm absolutely convinced that Uber is pushing the green thing for their own benefit and trying to coerce drivers into getting green qualified vehicles.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could be they are afraid of new regulations in the pipeline that would heavily tax (or ban) rs that is not electric.
probably not far from truth

I'm absolutely convinced that Uber is pushing the green thing for their own benefit and trying to coerce drivers into getting green qualified vehicles.
this opinion was formed after doing green/x for a good while, doing non-green x for a few days, and as a rider during that transition period

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
90% over what period of time? week, day, month,...?

doesn't make sense and i don't remember seeing any mention of it in the promo

and certainly cant be 90% over the life of the account since that wouldnt incentivize anyone but new drivers to get evs

·
Registered
370 Posts

I've fallen off their EV Incentive programme for mysterious reasons in February, and have been going back and forth with Uber CSRs to try to get back on the $1 / ride EV Incentive program, as well as get the $1/ride retroactiely for the 400 or so rides I've done since then. As usual, it's a nonsensical clusterF

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts

I get the same thing with XL and Pet. On a busy Friday or Saturday night I'll get XL for 2 peopleeven if it's not a far pickup. Those folks saw the jumble of crap in the rider interface and selected XL because it was a lower wait time. I also get this after concerts, they will keep trying whatever they can get. Did a "Pet" ride from the Kid Rock concert last week. 4 healthy adults (and I would not have gotten them for the X money)

·
Premium Member
10,509 Posts
90% over what period of time? week, day, month,...?

doesn't make sense and i don't remember seeing any mention of it in the promo

and certainly cant be 90% over the life of the account since that wouldnt incentivize anyone but new drivers to get evs
I would think it's over the week (billing period) but it's Uber!! Good luck finding anything on their website, your only hope is a call.

The purpose behind the 90% was for someone who has two cars, not giving them the EV credit unless most of their rides are EV.

·
Premium Member
2021 Chevy Bolt EV
4,639 Posts
Yeah. They use to charge the rider a flat fee of $1 for Green, and split it with the driver. That's long gone.

Reactions: og bunky

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
okay, now I am starting to get credited for the zero emissions incentive, but still no Uber green.

wtf.

the last time I added a hybrid, took a few days the green to show up

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did around total 15 EV rides so far, on an account where I typically do 200 rides a week. the EV credits kicked in about 7 or 8 EV rides in. so far no retroactive credits, I don't think it's even worth calling support to argue about.

now I just want to have Uber green on again, because Uber is marketing green as the faster pickup and a lot of riders choose it for that, feels like about 50% of my x-level rides have been green the past month or two. by not having the green option, I am losing a lot of potential pings

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts

Pretty sure it is only available in select markets like San Francisco.

Uber Green is not even an option in the pax app in Reno.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts