Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone get caught up in the accident? I didn't but just curious how Uber will treat the fare to both the driver and passenger. I'm sure they won't charge the full time spent in gridlock traffic but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yup, I got caught trying to get Pax to EWR. Only by grace of Waze did we make it. Fare charged reflected approx. 30 minute extra time.

We Need a rate rollback to make this UberX thing work at all. Agreed?

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Same here, I had a Monmouth County to Upper East Side trip. 2 hours into NYC, 3 hours home. Not worth the $120, for sure !

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Same here, I had a Monmouth County to Upper East Side trip. 2 hours into NYC, 3 hours home. Not worth the $120, for sure !
Next time head to Connecticut and pick up some fares up there while waiting out the traffic. Depending what time you dropped off in NYC would determine if there was that much traffic to contend with up to CT. The rates are better than North NJ and sometimes you may actually get a fare back towards NYC and determine if the traffic in NJ cleared up. Or spending the extra cash to through Staten Island would have worked as well to get you back in less than 3 hours. I know some people took them 4 hours to get home that night.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My wife spend 3 hours in traffic for a 45 min regular ride when she finish work at 5 pm on Tuesday. Crazy traffic good I was home at that time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts