Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Like when they announced pool on jersey shore it was day before it became effective they like to create chaos that is the M.O

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I tried to contact them about signage and their response was that there is currently no trade dress needed and if that changes i will need to go to the office in Hoboken to get it.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here's a fun question. Why have we gotten ABSOLUTELY ZERO GUIDANCE AND OR NEWS FROM UBER ABOUT THIS.

Do we need signage? (Yes, but what?) what do drivers have to do? We are six weeks out and this screams cluster.
The law said there was going to be a grace period for many of the things to happen. Biggest thing is that the insurance must be correct, background checks will begin to be analyzed by the state to see if Uber is doing them up to par, and the application fee of $25,000 paid. The trade dress will probably be announced the day of legality...if they start giving out before, can still get regulator tickets.

Plus they will probably just mail it to your address on file.

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
The law said there was going to be a grace period for many of the things to happen. Biggest thing is that the insurance must be correct, background checks will begin to be analyzed by the state to see if Uber is doing them up to par, and the application fee of $25,000 paid. The trade dress will probably be announced the day of legality...if they start giving out before, can still get regulator tickets.

Plus they will probably just mail it to your address on file.
Oh, good gods, I hope they mail it! Parking in Hoboken is already something out of a monster's nightmare! Could you imagine all of us there within the same few days trying to get our trade dress?! ::shudder::

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Oh, good gods, I hope they mail it! Parking in Hoboken is already something out of a monster's nightmare! Could you imagine all of us there within the same few days trying to get our trade dress?! ::shudder::
This isn't 1920, they can just send you a PDF and you can print it yourself. Or you can google it and print off the image. No need for mailing or driving to Hoboken

·
Premium Member
11,633 Posts
This isn't 1920, they can just send you a PDF and you can print it yourself. Or you can google it and print off the image. No need for mailing or driving to Hoboken
That would depend on what form the trade dress takes. Lyft will have to do the same as well. It's going to get crowded in some drivers' windows...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I already got Lyft trade dress in the mail, randomly. I'll use it only when I have too, and only after May 1.
Same with Uber. I drove in Boston that one day and I got decals in the mail from the Boston area.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts