Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out last night and today. It was solidly dead at the airport and in Hoboken. There is always fares in Hoboken and I took a few, but they were just of the short variety. When we get to September I expect things to pick up.

Also, cops seem to be running the gauntlet at Newark Airport. There were a few recent terrorist style attacks and I guess they are just being careful. I was pulled over twice. No tickets issued, but a standard look over the car and license check. The guy even asked why I was at the airport...he said "Ubering?" I was like just picking up a buddy. He laughed like he knew I was not telling the truth and left. They use plate readers and there is one reader right by the backroad where the 7/11 is located where you turnaround to get back to the terminals. I think they keep a database.

If you are not full time, this might be a good time to take a break. However, I would think the shore is pretty good because thats where everyone is at towards the end of summer.

I see some signs the economy is going to take a dump and Im going to apply for the NYC TLC license. Also consider getting either a Suburban or a Lexus ES300H. If things go sideways I want that FHV license in hand. This time around at least we have Uber. Love Uber or hate it, at least its something you can turn to.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I wonder how often you'd have to go to the airport for them to raise red flags. I would assume once or twice a week wouldn't be enough.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been pulled over multiple times by the Port Authority so I know Im in their system and I know they have an advanced plate reading system built right into their vehicles. In version 1.0, you saw these huge cameras bolted to the outside of their vehicles. Now the plate reading cameras are built right in especially to the new Caprices which have the display built into the dash. This is why the Port Authority goes with the Chevies. The guy who pulled me over the other night has pulled me over in the past and knows me and my car.

They never can get me for anything because everything on my car and license is always straight. The one time they did give me a ticket was for obscure license plate and when I got home I quickly got rid of that license plate frame.

The pull-overs are now becoming questionably legal as there really is no basis for it. Just driving around the airport is not the basis for a pullover. What the cops usually do is make something up such as tail-light out, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts