Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a drop off from NJ in Bucks County last night, and I noticed that after I dropped off, I was knocked offline, and when I came back online, my car was not visible on the passenger app. I reset the phone, still not visible.

The behavior was very similar to what happens when we drop off in NYC.

Now, I recall getting a Bucks County pickup request about a month or so ago when I was in Jersey, so I was wondering if anyone knew if something had changed?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The same thing happened to me a few weekends ago. I was in PA and then had a request. Fulfilled the request then had another request. After that I went on to the passenger app and noticed that I was not visible. I was not kicked off but just not visible. I then headed back to NJ and got a request in PA to bring them back to Trenton from PA. So not exactly sure what the deal is. Supposedly we are able to pick up in that region, but maybe they filter us out for some reason and only allow us certain rides if their other PA drivers are busy or if the trip takes us back to NJ. It's Uber algorithm, nobody can figure out.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now that I think about it, the only recent PA requests I've gotten were from eastern Bucks county and only if I was in NJ. I haven't been in PA and got a PA request since the early Spring. Curious.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Same thing happened to me. About a couple months ago, I was able to receive pings in Philly and was visible on the Lyft map. A few weeks ago, however, I couldn't see any other drivers in the area after an airport run and didn't receive any requests between the airport and north Philly. Curiously enough, I did get one ping coming up on I-95 near the Cottman Ave exit - although it was quickly canceled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts