Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a Nissan pulsar sedan 2015. Only giving me 380km with full tank of 52 litres. Anyone driving pulsar please confirm How many Km's u get out of tank. Still in new car warranty. Can go and park at dealer's place. Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Around town I get about 9.1l/100km.

The fuel indicator is VERY conservative though. I can easily get another 100km after the indicator is showing no more ks in the tank. Even when I'm showing -- ks the thing only takes 40l

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Forget tankfuls, what's your consumption at ?l/100km.
My 2 litre manual Suzuki over the past 20,000 km of uber, with 100% AC use is just on 8l/100km.
Otherwise, highway use is <6l/100km.
Keep records for a few more days and if it's still high, refer it to the dealer.
Oh yeah, maybe try driving in a smoother more economical manner.

·
Registered
698 Posts
2014 Mazda 3. 8.3l/100km Ubering.

51L tank, km's remaining shows zero when 8L left.

If on flat highway I could go another 100km before engine cuts out with less than 2L remaining (untested, just estimating), but Ubering around the hilly areas of say Bondi, or Northern Beaches, engine may cut out with 5 litres remaining, meaning I wouldn't push past 20Km after zero Km's showing when Ubering.

Always fill up way before empty before busy shifts as fuel stops has costed me surge fares.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
Hyundai i30

I get on average 10l/100km....

If I' m lucky and get long trips, then I can get to 9.1/100km.

The worst is city driving can get up to 12l/100km

·
Registered
205 Posts
You may get closeish to claimed HWY figures with a petrol car if you are careful, but expect to add 20-30% to claimed urban consumption figures.

What you need to do is forget the computer, fill to the brim, drive then fill to the brim again and calculate your actual consumption.

It does seem very high, it could be a faulty sensor or leak?

What pressure are you running your tyres at? I would suggest 10% above factory HWY pressure. Sure it will create a slightly more bumpy ride but it will also slightly improve your economy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts