Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the one time that i did a ruthless maneuver i get bit by karma. Accepted a 2.7x xl trip right at 1:45am. Checked my phone and saw it was surging 5x + so i cancelled the 2.7 and immediately got a 4.3x xl. Drove to pickup, pax were all in my car then a stranger to their group of six tried to squeeze in and a male member of my pax group told him to eff off. Then the stranger threw a full red cup of liquor into my car. Got all over my face hair, clothes, tablet, dashboard, steering wheel and the rest of the car. There was a cop right next to us so i didnt want to do anything but the male pax went after him and lost him in the croud. Cop didnt do anything i dont think he saw or he saw and didnt care.

Hindsight, shoulda canceled the trip, reported cleaning fee and found somewhere to cleanup... but my mind was like 4.3x!!! Turned out to be a <2mile trip i got $20 outta. I was not happy. I told them anything can be forgiven with the right tip. And they gave me a wopping $8.... thats not even a single drink at the bar they were at.

Anyways, i was due for a crap ride like this, I guess it coulda been worse. I think 11pm will be my new wheels up time.

Made $250 tonight 7pm - 3am had to work much harder than i think i should have, ants would not let surge get over 2x.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
So the one time that i did a ruthless maneuver i get bit by karma. Accepted a 2.7x xl trip right at 1:45am. Checked my phone and saw it was surging 5x + so i cancelled the 2.7 and immediately got a 4.3x xl. Drove to pickup, pax were all in my car then a stranger to their group of six tried to squeeze in and a male member of my pax group told him to eff off. Then the stranger threw a full red cup of liquor into my car. Got all over my face hair, clothes, tablet, dashboard, steering wheel and the rest of the car. There was a cop right next to us so i didnt want to do anything but the male pax went after him and lost him in the croud. Cop didnt do anything i dont think he saw or he saw and didnt care.

Hindsight, shoulda canceled the trip, reported cleaning fee and found somewhere to cleanup... but my mind was like 4.3x!!! Turned out to be a <2mile trip i got $20 outta. I was not happy. I told them anything can be forgiven with the right tip. And they gave me a wopping $8.... thats not even a single drink at the bar they were at.

Anyways, i was due for a crap ride like this, I guess it coulda been worse. I think 11pm will be my new wheels up time.

Made $250 tonight 7pm - 3am had to work much harder than i think i should have, ants would not let surge get over 2x.
They are a different animal at night and drunk. I don't like most of these idiots when they are sober and hating life, do you think I will put up with BS from some little ----t?

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts

Sorry that happened to you. Now, if you really want to learn your lesson here...

Go to Trips in your Earnings window and click on that 2.7x you cancelled. Where was the destination..?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry that happened to you. Now, if you really want to learn your lesson here...

Go to Trips in your Earnings window and click on that 2.7x you cancelled. Where was the destination..?
Good idea, I forgot I could do that. I was up in Santa Monica (with DF set to Dana Point) and the 2.7 destination was maybe one or two miles so I got lucky. Errm if you call getting booze spilt all over yourself and your car for an extra 5 bucks lucky.

Daang, harsh...where at?

But why are you picking up nonsense like 2.7 and 4.3x (XL or not!) at bar break on a holiday???
OK so my thinking was, it's only 1:45, maybe I can do this 2.7 really quick and afterwards hit the absolute peak of the barclose surge. I think it would have worked if I stuck with the plan. In the future I've just got to stay calm and wait for a 5x +

·
Premium Member
64,361 Posts

Not your passengers fault some idiot threw drink all over your car.

Had a passerby nail my car with full 48 oz. Daquri. Not my passengers fault. Drink bounced off my car,hit truck behind me.
Truck behind me thought my passengers threw cup at him !
Took a while for me to calm that down.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not your passengers fault some idiot threw drink all over your car.

Had a passerby nail my car with full 48 oz. Daquri. Not my passengers fault. Drink bounced off my car,hit truck behind me.
Truck behind me thought my passengers threw cup at him !
Took a while for me to calm that down.
Ya... you're mostly right. dbag throwing the drink is 90% at fault.. but the guy in my car that told him to get the eff out did it in a very aggro confrontational manner. I mean he didn't say like no this isn't your Uber, just jumped straight to max overdrive

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ya... you're mostly right. dbag throwing the drink is 90% at fault.. but the guy in my car that told him to get the eff out did it in a very aggro confrontational manner. I mean he didn't say like no this isn't your Uber, just jumped straight to max overdrive
It's the Pax fault. He's not in his own car, he's in somebody's else's acting volatile towards other people, escalating the situation. He should pay.

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
Good idea, I forgot I could do that. I was up in Santa Monica (with DF set to Dana Point) and the 2.7 destination was maybe one or two miles so I got lucky. Errm if you call getting booze spilt all over yourself and your car for an extra 5 bucks lucky.

OK so my thinking was, it's only 1:45, maybe I can do this 2.7 really quick and afterwards hit the absolute peak of the barclose surge. I think it would have worked if I stuck with the plan. In the future I've just got to stay calm and wait for a 5x +
So, what was the final destination of that Unicorn you cancelled?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
View attachment 105872

Next time you drive, a PooPAX will smell alcohol and report you to Uber for drunk driving.

Deactivation son.
Happened to me. Hot Venice totty spilled beer all over my car - next pax, uppity French femme complained to Uber that I was drunk. Didn't get deactivated though, just an email that this has been reported with some helpful hints about keeping my vehicle odor-free. I emailed back assuring them that I only drive around drunk in my own time.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Welcome to my game plan.
I log in at 05:00. Slight chance of nightcrawlers as my first pax, but by 06:00 that diminishes.
Work through the day, with less emphasis on 11:00 to 13:00.
I have to break from 15:00 to 16:00 most days to get my kids home from school.
Then 16:00 to 18:00 and usually I go home.
Even if I do overtime I'm home by 19:30.
I
Hate
Drunks
And
Junkies.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Welcome to my game plan.
I log in at 05:00. Slight chance of nightcrawlers as my first pax, but by 06:00 that diminishes.
I
Hate
Drunks
And
Junkies.
I couldnt do it.

There's like, people, and traffic, and SUNLIGHT.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Welcome to my game plan.
I
Hate
Drunks
And
Junkies.
Hey, what's wrong with junkies?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.