Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes I picked up a pax from N kedvale .He gets in and I noticed he didn't enter a destination .I ask him sir where would you like to go he replied wait I'm finding out .At that point noticed in my mirror he's looking around almost paranoid .I asked again sir where would you like to go he replied the f I know you should know smh.This point I make u turn head back to his block (yet again he's on the ph ) I said sr rides over please exit the car .He then hits back of my chair I decide to get out car .I walked few feet away and decided to call cops well my night took a turn for the worst .The next thing you know I was struck from behind (By another person)and embarrassed to admit got my ass kicked.I did my best covering up as both assaulted me .God must have been on my side cause a guy walking his dog actually scared them off .Not gonna lie blacked out for a second so memory still bit fuzzy .I drove myself to er cause my arm hurts bad .Also have few cuts and marks .I guess next step is police report and can't wait to see the useless email uber replies back .I have yet to tell my gf was prolly gonna say I tripped or slipped I feel embarrassed (But mostly pride is hurt )

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well here goes I picked up a pax from N kedvale .He gets in and I noticed he didn't enter a destination .I ask him sir where would you like to go he replied wait I'm finding out .At that point noticed in my mirror he's looking around almost paranoid .I asked again sir where would you like to go he replied the f I know you should know smh.This point I make u turn head back to his block (yet again he's on the ph ) I said sr rides over please exit the car .He then hits back of my chair I decide to get out car .I walked few feet away and decided to call cops well my night took a turn for the worst .The next thing you know I was struck from behind (By another person)and embarrassed to admit got my ass kicked.I did my best covering up as both assaulted me .God must have been on my side cause a guy walking his dog actually scared them off .Not gonna lie blacked out for a second so memory still bit fuzzy .I drove myself to er cause my arm hurts bad .Also have few cuts and marks .I guess next step is police report and can't wait to see the useless email uber replies back .I have yet to tell my gf was prolly gonna say I tripped or slipped I feel embarrassed (But mostly pride is hurt )
That is such a bummer. So sorry to hear your if your experience. Make sure you get a police report filed. Sounds like your ok. Nothing you can do if you get bum rushed from behind. Sounds like a set up.

Man you got to be careful out there but then again anything can happen. Maybe being prepared at all times and expect the unexpected at any moment.

Let us know what ubers response is I'm curious if the will back up one of their top partners.

Maybe we will see you on Monday.

Hope your ok.

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Could have been a banger? Maybe some kind of initiation thing? Mikey, I'm sorry for you bro. Speedy recovery. Did he get out before you did? Or did you get out to get away from him?

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Mikey I'm glad you're okay!

Now please take pics of the cuts & bruises and file a police report ASAP.

And notify Uber's Safety Team about this incident ASAP since safety of other Drivers might be in jeopardy:
Uber Safety Hotline
800-353-8237

All Drivers please save this number.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got out cause he was refusing to get out of my car at that point the tone in his voice I was bit worried (Picked bad day to leave the dash cam)When i got out it was to get away little did I know what was to come .Uber replied I'm actually shocked rep decided to call me I didn't know uber owned land lines lol .She told me file report and take pics and someone will contact me about er Bill .My question once uber spills the beans on the guy will they grab him ?

Uber on :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could have been a banger? Maybe some kind of initiation thing? Mikey, I'm sorry for you bro. Speedy recovery. Did he get out before you did? Or did you get out to get away from him?
banger or not don't expect much to come of this rep told me he's been blocked from the app .... Ya that should show him ...Gonna sound bad but if I didn't wanna keep my name out of trouble I'd just pay him a visit and whoop him (kidding only talking out of anger sigh )

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to hear this has happened, and nothing worse happened to you. What block were you in on N. Kedvale Ave. when this went down. Kedvale runs from 6360 N to the south
Passenger Name: richard p
3854 N Kedvale Ave, Chicago, IL 60641, USA
To:

Area didn't seem bad tbh bit shocked

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does Uber provide details on the person for purposes of filing a report? It'd be hard for police to identify someone by 'Richard P' but of course Uber has credit card information, etc on hand- they could determine the billing address and have a good lead on tracking someone down.

Uber's current response of deactivating users like this feels inadequate to me- all you need is another email address, perhaps a different credit card (but I'd be surprised if that's even required) and you're good to go. Then the Police need to hold this person personally responsible to the full extent of the law until they reveal their co-conspirators.

I'm glad you're okay, but this is no joke, a couple of hits to the wrong spot and it could be much more severe. Don't be embarrassed.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
Stories like these, make me upset.

We, as drivers work really hard to make a few dollars. We usually don't carry large amount of cash, unlike cabbies. And these pieces of sh!t are trying to rob us, steal my $30 I have in my wallet, my stinky cellphone, maybe a car. These robbers probably never worked a day in their life. How about these bastards who beat up elderly women so they can steal a cellphone.

Just keep the damn doors locked until you see a pax and try to "interview" them before unlocking the door. And maybe invest in a pepper spray.

Anyway. Mikey, I'm glad you're ok. Just shake it off, and move on with your life. And hopefully uber-less life :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yeah defenatly need to report it which city is it in? Glad it did not turn down as bad as it could

·
Premium Member
13,238 Posts
Mikey, not to pile on bro, just trying to surmise the situation. It's possible your turning around was leading you back into the area where his wingman was waiting. Pulling over soon as you felt it was sketchy, maybe you only had a one on one standoff and he bails because you dialed 911. Or maybe you proceed to a gas station or someplace likely to have a security camera, and then the odds get better for you. You never said if he was out of the car before you exited. Did you get out to avoid his swings at you?
I'm betting there's something more to this, like he's using a stolen phone that had Uber app on it. What kind of moron would stage this using his own account?

1 - 20 of 171 Posts