Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They emailed me back. Apparently I'm not eligible. So I will not be driving for Lyft until I get the guarantees

And they are totally screwing me on an hour from yesterday. No common sense

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
They emailed me back. Apparently I'm not eligible. So I will not be driving for Lyft until I get the guarantees

And they are totally screwing me on an hour from yesterday. No common sense
From my experiences I've noticed a theme....

Eligibility is:
*Opting in previous week AND hitting 10% power driver recently (or doing the requirements with a non-2011 car)
OR
*Hitting PDB20% after NOT getting an email

PS not sure if reaching PDB before they mail out on Fridays somehow qualifies you same week or not

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I first started getting them I wasn't driving much at all for Lyft just uber.

I did reach the 10% bonus last week. This week wasn't as good because they didn't change the 1 ride minimum until Wednesday

I won't drive for Lyft without the guarantees. Rates are too low. I'm hoping I'll get them for next week. Very disappointed.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
When I first started getting them I wasn't driving much at all for Lyft just uber.

I did reach the 10% bonus last week. This week wasn't as good because they didn't change the 1 ride minimum until Wednesday

I won't drive for Lyft without the guarantees. Rates are too low. I'm hoping I'll get them for next week. Very disappointed.
Yeah was without guarantee for 2 weeks (1 week missed optin, 1 week to re-earn eligibility): +3k odometer miles, ratings drop 4.9>4.65 and all that for a paltry $1500??? Bugger that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've opted in every week now. I think you have to have a high rating, newer car, and hit PDB every week. I've learned to rotate Uber in to boot so I can squeeze an extra $3/hr.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only hit the PDB once. I have a good rating. But it dropped because I had a couple ******** last week. My car is a 2015

I was offered the guarantees starting back in early May when I wasn't even doing rides for Lyft. I was dojng all uber surge.

Very disappointed. Uber is not surging so I'm not driving much at all the last few days

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
There's no way it's volume related, because I am part time. Maybe cuz I'm new to Lyft, who knows. I'll keep going a few days a week and see what happens.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Maybe it's rating then.
NO.

I've gotten em in my first 100 rides @ ~4.4, lost em for unupdated plates account hold @ 4.7, again for inactivity for a week at 4.9....and again regained them after a fulltime week on a glitchy update which messed up rider pins knocked me down to 4.6 for a couple days.

Certainly NOT rating.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got my statement and they missed giving me credit for several hours too. They better fix it.[/QUOTE

Same with me I'm missing guaranteed hours. I emailed, they said that I needed to do to an hour. I don't have the text anymore, do you? I did email back saying on Wednesday you changed it for the drivers my hours in question or Thursday and Friday…

I wonder why you didn't get the guarantees? I've wondered if they cut drivers off who make too much off the guarantee money.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They haven't replied to me yet

I'm owed 5 hours worth. They sent us all that text. I wouldn't have done those rides without the guarantee. I had some real jerks last week too

I'm sure it's because I complained last week. It's bs. They need drivers like me out there.

So much for the Lyft treats drivers better theory lol

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Got my bonus - a whopping $10.10 extra.... that was for one hour between 10 and 11pm on Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I wonder how many do the Lyft guarantees.

I only do this part time and have never hit the PDB. Came close a few times but hard for me to hit with the limited peak hours.

I haven't seen an uber guarantee yet for this week. I wonder if I was cut off from them since I've been focused on Lyft.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I got them for Friday and Saturday nite only, which is about what I get them for from uber normally. But it seems like they are lower than normal and they are a few dollars lower than lyft for the same time periods.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts