Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the next destination pings being nowhere near your current destination? Had one last night where the pickup was almost 20 minutes away from where i was. This was not the first time this has happened. Its gotten to the point i go offline as soon as i pick up someone.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with the next destination pings being nowhere near your current destination? Had one last night where the pickup was almost 20 minutes away from where i was. This was not the first time this has happened. Its gotten to the point i go offline as soon as i pick up someone.
Yes, it used to work well. I have been 10 miles west of Detroit heading to Ypsi (destination) and it will send me a request 10 miles east in Detroit. Needless to save (though it doesn't matter) my acceptance rate is about 50%. There are ZERO incentives with Uber to accept any rides, so unless they'really close and surging I just let them pass. Who cares about being timed out 2 mins if they aren't going to give me the surges when I am dead in the red, no thanks. The newbies can have those!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
With the new update it's easy now to pass on a stacked ping because the time for the pickup shows up more easily. Course, that time includes the time on your current ride too.

·
Registered
706 Posts
With the new update it's easy now to pass on a stacked ping because the time for the pickup shows up more easily. Course, that time includes the time on your current ride too.
Yeah lately I've been getting the stacked requests and half the time I'm not even close to the first destination. Saturday night I was 15 min out from first location and it was another 20 to the next, nope sorry, not doing that. Even when I accept something like that, the second person almost always cancels when they see they'll be waiting 35 min.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My current passenger will frequently have a second destination that hasn't been entered and it screws up the request based on the first destination.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
You're learning try to telephone hint hint

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I urge drivers NOT to accept additional rides when they already have a PAX in their car, it is STOPPING surges!
One of my highest surge rides (a 7.5x) was a stacked ping on NYE and I got it because I was available during a ride for another trip.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I've recently decided I'm automatically "going offline" at the end of concerts, especially when there's a boost. For short hotel runs by the palace after events, you can get a stacked ride at the boost level as soon as you start your first ride. However, you could miss out on a surge. So best to be offline while you're doing your first post event run and let the surge build.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
If I'm doing a palace run to hotel I always turn off until I drop off and know where the surge is at. I don't want another ping outside the biostbor surge area

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes. Happens all the time to me. I do the same thing you do. I go offline if for no other reason than it is rude for that thing to go off while in the middle of a drive, and it is BS to take us that far away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts