Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my first drop off in Newport. I had a rider go down to Richmond and the next request took me into Newport. The bridge delay wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was rush hour and coming back out was a pain. I got no requests so took the $4 hit on the chin and dead miled it back up towards Warwick for an airport pickup.

Question - now that summer is over, is there any value in Newport or does the bridge construction/tolls make it a no go.

I thought for a min about cancelling on the rider with the Newport request, but there were no other drivers and I felt bad. Just wondering if Newport is a total waste of time/no money there.

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
without surge it's not worth it, a lot of short trips. ALso get the EZ pass the rate is cents as opposed to the $4 toll.
I have Mass plates - that discounted rate is for RI plates, right?

And that's what I thought about Newport. I don't find myself in South County enough for it to be a big deal, but thought I'd ask if Newport had any value once Summer is over.

· Registered
793 Posts
Since the rates are too low in RI and Newport is full of so many short trips, it is not worth it without the summer surge. The only benefit is if you’re working towards a Quest and you have a limited amount of time and need to bang out a high number of rides. Just keep in mind the majority of your rides will be $2.25-$3.00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.