Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention my amazing fare amount. Uber managed to even mess up that and only give me half the $3.50 fee.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah that happened to me too. lady called me very bossy and instructed me to follow her direction/ Open gate, code number and i need you to get out of car and then walk down a path that you will see. then leave food by the door.. Thanks and then she hanged up. no tips and i made a whooping 2.50 but i don't blame customer i blame evil empire uber corp... :(

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that happened to me too. lady called me very bossy and instructed me to follow her direction/ Open gate, code number and i need you to get out of car and then walk down a path that you will see. then leave food by the door.. Thanks and then she hanged up. no tips and i made a whooping 2.50 but i don't blame customer i blame evil empire uber corp... :(
That literally sounds like the exact same woman! The only difference was that I hung up on her as soon as she said "leave it at the door"

Swing like I was a pitcher at a
Softball game and gave it a nice toss at the doorstep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if this is just a joke or something you would really do? It's called customer service for a reason. Worked at a coffee shop for almost 10 years and when I complained about tips it was usually when I was in my teen years until I realized the industry I was actually working in. Tips should never be expected. Plus, when you expect them and then you don't get a tip you get bitter and dislike everything about the job. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest in my experiences.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
. . . . Tips should never be expected. . . . .
Ms Jones, you sound exactly like UBER! :)
If I were a food server, I would EXPECT tips! By design, tips are part of salary. Large restaurants even deduct income tax as if you are getting 15% tips on every ticket served. Calculate: food servers who depend on tips, only receive about $5 per hour of salary, far less than minimum wage; SO. they gotta expect some tips in order to survive. If the server always is providing best possible service, it is OK to vent about the louse who does not tip. Worse is the dirtbag who walks out without paying for his food. Many restaurants penalize the server for walkouts.
It is. OK to EXPECT tips! :)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
People tip foe delivery so that your pizza is not delivered upside down next time. People tip drivers so that they get to the destination safely, open doors, keep car clean and well maintained. Uber in its attempt to change our tipping culture has secured their future as the worst possible and likely cheapest alternative

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
. . . . open doors, . . . .
I love to offer the courtesy of opening doors for my riders; BUT, they rarely give me the opportuniy to do so. When I arrive for pickup, they jump into my car; when I reach the destination, they jump out, even when I offer to "get the door". They preempt my opportunity to handle the doors for them. The exceptions are when they need help loading luggage, groceries, et al. They still don't tip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont understand why its so hard to tip an uberEats Driver? I mean, we are doing the driving.. at the very least . I think its plain rude not to tip and I get ill for it. I dont treat anyone bad or different, I just get upset and yell at my dashboard and radio when I dont get tipped. I drove 20+ miles out of my way tonight for a Big Mac and didnt even get a thank you. all I got was " Hope this isnt cold"... I cant help they gave me the call and I was 20 miles away.... Bite me.

·
Registered
454 Posts
As I have said many times - regarding passengers :

Your safety, your comfort, your very lives are in our hands. You are paying about 1/3 of what you'd pay some semi-coherent yahoo in a cab, to get you where you need to go.

You wouldn't have a muffin and a cup of coffee at a Dunkin Donuts for $4 - and not leave some sort of tip on the counter, for your server ..... ....

Yet you'll ride 40 minutes in my vehicle, ask me all sorts of questions regarding real estate, restaurant recommendations, local weekend concerts, food festivals, sporting events. And all we get is a smile, an atta-boy - sometimes a handshake from an empty hand .............. The only people who seem to tip are people presently , or formerly - in the service industry. Waiters, strippers, bartenders - they GET IT.

Last weekend I had 3 wives of surgeons ! Pampered, tailored and oh-so-groomed. from the Chiluly Museum to the Wyndam in Tampa.Bragging among each other about long trips they've taken to Europe, South America etc. Good for them ...............

Three of them bombarding me with questions about EVERYTHING. I finally said - " Gee - if I would have known there was gonna be a test .................. " "

I am going to put a small sign in the back seat, on the dash - telling people :

" The T word - no, you don't HAVE TO . But they are NOT included in your fare. And they ARE appreciated. " I'll see what happens.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if this is just a joke or something you would really do? It's called customer service for a reason. Worked at a coffee shop for almost 10 years and when I complained about tips it was usually when I was in my teen years until I realized the industry I was actually working in. Tips should never be expected. Plus, when you expect them and then you don't get a tip you get bitter and dislike everything about the job. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest in my experiences.
I am quite serious. I chucked it and it landed near the door. This water was home, she just wanted to avoid a tip. And I cannot even start to disagree with your "you shouldn't expect tips" as you are clearly part of the problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am quite serious. I chucked it and it landed near the door. This water was home, she just wanted to avoid a tip. And I cannot even start to disagree with your "you shouldn't expect tips" as you are clearly part of the problem.
believe me, I feel your pain. Driving like a madman for a big mac and not even get a dollar tip is BS in my book. I didnt even get paid this wonderful "Eats fee" everyone talks about. Ive ran like a crazy person and havent even broke even yet. 12 hrs a night 6 days a week for 4 weeks and cant get past 200 per week. If I sit near the bars on the beaches, I get alot of short rides(bar hoppers) or the drunks who cant find their way home (which is close to where the started from anyways so again, short rides) and nothing to show for it. I dont get how some of you make it. I guess I need to start running in Tampa since Treasure Island and clearwater are getting me nowhere but pissed off. :mad:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
believe me, I feel your pain. Driving like a madman for a big mac and not even get a dollar tip is BS in my book. I didnt even get paid this wonderful "Eats fee" everyone talks about. Ive ran like a crazy person and havent even broke even yet. 12 hrs a night 6 days a week for 4 weeks and cant get past 200 per week. If I sit near the bars on the beaches, I get alot of short rides(bar hoppers) or the drunks who cant find their way home (which is close to where the started from anyways so again, short rides) and nothing to show for it. I dont get how some of you make it. I guess I need to start running in Tampa since Treasure Island and clearwater are getting me nowhere but pissed off. :mad:
Oh I just had Uber remove all McDonald's requests as well as some others. Those are all loser trips.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts