Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally will drive in the Baltimore area, but generally in the DC area since I live in Montgomery County. For example, on Sunday, 5/27 (the last time I drove) I had Gaithersburg to Columbia putting me in the Baltimore area. Thankfully, I didn't end up in Baltimore City, but was around Columbia, Glen Burnie, BWI area.

In early May, I traded in my 2010 white Prius for a 2014 blue Prius. I never updated my vehicle info because my Maryland license plate is the same. The problem is a few people in May had said that I thought it said your car was white, and I explained that I needed to change that and that I traded my car.

Is Uber or state of VA still requiring the VA safety inspection even though I live in MD (particularly those that might end up in the DC area)?

It seems like it doesn't matter all that much except that the color is throwing a few people off. I don't plan on doing any Uber probably at all this weekend; so I don't mind if I'm temporarily suspended while they sort it out.

Has anyone else gone through this when they upgraded their car? I guess since I was upgrading from one Prius to another; I wasn't super concerned about it. Did anyone who upgraded to the same model car just stick with that?

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
You’re going to have to eventually update your vehicle. Registration and insurance will expire and when you send those updates Uber will see it’s for a different car.

You can get a free inspection done in Va., and it’s good for DC, Md, and Va. It’s really not too hard to add the new car on Uber. I had the inspection done recently. Was in and out of gas station in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're going to have to eventually update your vehicle. Registration and insurance will expire and when you send those updates Uber will see it's for a different car.

You can get a free inspection done in Va., and it's good for DC, Md, and Va. It's really not too hard to add the new car on Uber. I had the inspection done recently. Was in and out of gas station in 10 minutes.
Thanks for the heads up. I remember doing the VA safety inspection free in May 2017 with my old car. I just wasn't sure if the rules changed. I'll look for the list of free inspections. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
I usually get my inspections in VA but now that I’m home for the summer, I don’t feel like driving 80 miles just to get the inspection done. Can I get the inspection done in MD and still be able to pick up in all of MD, DC, VA, and DE like I can now with my VA inspection?

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts