Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
13% commission for new drivers, up from 5%. Weekly quests that increase based on your performance.

Any Newcastle drivers have any feedback?

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
What is the requirements of these quests? Interested to see how difficult??

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This whole scenario is discrimatory, suddenly some drivers and their vehicles are worth less than others, total joke
Well, older Uber drivers are on 20% and newer drivers are 25%, plus GST, so 22% and 27.5% inc GST.

I'm not sure if DiDi adds GST on their commission, I suspect they are similar to Ola and we calculate GST based on the payments to our bank?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure if DiDi adds GST on their commission, I suspect they are similar to Ola and we calculate GST based on the payments to our bank?
Just got home from the Didi seminar. The commission is GST inclusive, which wont matter to me anyway as i just uninstalled the app.

Absolute joke, bunch of spin talk and side stepping questions. Spun it as "We want to reward our most dedicated drivers" where in reality they are not giving them anything more than before, just giving other drivers less.

One thing they did break down was what category of driver they expect to see in each tier.

Silver: part timers who use both uber and didi

Gold: full timers who use both apps and some part timers who use only didi.

Platinum: full timers who use predominantly didi and some uber.

Diamond: Full timers who only use didi.

They did mention that there is already a group of drivers that currently meet the criteria for diamond level on a weekly basis (current criteria is >70 trips, 90-100% AR and 90-100% CR) First thought that occured to me was "why on earth would there be drivers only driving Didi" then I geussed they were most likely all the drivers that have been booted from uber.

So in summary, you can expect most drivers to fall into either silver or gold category. Which, with those tiers higher commissions and didi's overall lower fares, will make trips on the platform pay the driver significantly less than uber.

Bye bye didi.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Just got home from the Didi seminar. The commission is GST inclusive, which wont matter to me anyway as i just uninstalled the app.

Absolute joke, bunch of spin talk and side stepping questions. Spun it as "We want to reward our most dedicated drivers" where in reality they are not giving them anything more than before, just giving other drivers less.

One thing they did break down was what category of driver they expect to see in each tier.

They did mention that there is already a group of drivers that currently meet the criteria for diamond level on a weekly basis (current criteria is >70 trips, 90-100% AR and 90-100% CR) First thought that occured to me was "why on earth would there be drivers only driving Didi" then I geussed they were most likely all the drivers that have been booted from uber.

So in summary, you can expect most drivers to fall into either silver or gold category. Which, with those tiers higher commissions and didi's overall lower fares, will make trips on the platform pay the driver significantly less than uber.

Bye bye didi.
Sounds like diamond is employee status, after all they are enforcing acceptance rate, maybe fair work should look at this.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts

Bye bye didi.
Like the drivers in Sydney that refused to do pOO, forcing FUber to cut their commission on those trips, it sounds like Newcastle drivers refusing to take Didi trips should be thanked by those in other markets. So thanks from me for uninstalling their app. Lets hope more drivers up there do the same and they take better care of drivers.

History shows that rideshare companies will try and rort drivers at every opportunity. But if drivers do not take the trips, their plans to rort drivers can be (partially) reversed.

If and when Didi launch in Sydney, I would be only signing up if they offer me a decent incentive to support them. To date, I have resisted Bolt due to their policies.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i remember when ola at first were taking 7.5% commission, than they increased it to 15%. They said that high rated drivers would remain on 7.5% commission but this turned out to be a lie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, I can't see myself being able to do the 35 trips to stay on platinum rating and keep the 5.5% commission happening (CR requirement is 70%, AR requirement is 80%). I only work Fri/Sat nights and there just isn't enough turnover on Friday to make it work - I sometimes get to 30 trips. Diamond (0% commission) requires 70 trips which is definitely off the cards. I won't do DiDi on 13% or 18% commission.

I expect I'll be giving DiDi the flick soon. I predict many drivers will do the same. Riders will not be able to find a car and DiDi will die in Newcastle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts