Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the Raleigh/Durham (RTP) drivers:
What will be some advice you can give to a new driver, I plan to go out for my first trip this Friday. Any feedback would be helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am relatively new myself and this is what I have learned in my first 3 weeks.

- Don't chase surges.
- Don't use this as your main source of income. I will turn the app on on my way from work Mon - Fri and then hit it a little harder on the weekends.
- If you hang around NC State or other colleges, you will get pings but they will be very small fares and they will probably rate you lower.
- You are going to get low ratings and not understand why. Don't sweat it.
- Don't waste your money on refreshments and don't open doors for passengers. I never have done these things and am really glad I decided not to. It would only anger you to provide those things and still not get 5 stars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I plan to do this as my part time job. Only working Friday night and Saturday nights. Wasn't planning on doing those things. No disrespect to anyone who does this is Uber not a limousine service. The most I will offer is aux cord, car charger.

I live near Brier Creek and was hoping I could get a far going towards downtown starting off then hang out in that area

·
Premium Member
9,447 Posts
Thanks, I plan to do this as my part time job. Only working Friday night and Saturday nights. Wasn't planning on doing those things. No disrespect to anyone who does this is Uber not a limousine service. The most I will offer is aux cord, car charger.

I live near Brier Creek and was hoping I could get a far going towards downtown starting off then hang out in that area
Sounds like a great plan, good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts