Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this is a stupid question. but I have a Lexus IS 250. Someone told me there was something called UberPlus, where I would make more money because it's a luxury car? Should I be driving that category? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Uber black would be a qualifier I think... If so, then yes priority should be those requests.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry if this is a stupid question. but I have a Lexus IS 250. Someone told me there was something called UberPlus, where I would make more money because it's a luxury car? Should I be driving that category? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
Hi ChimChim,

You can click on the link here to Uber LA's official website to learn more about Select: http://losangeles.ubermovement.com/uberselect/

The rate on Select is higher than X, but "making more money" is going to be more dependent on demand/surge for the vehicle type you're driving. You can ask Uber support (email or in person), to create a duplicate vehicle for you (2 total vehicles). Where 1 is just for X and 1 is just for Select. So you can manually sign in the app and choose which to drive to decide which would work best for you.

You can't go above Select (even if your car qualifies), unless you also get commercial insurance, registration, etc.

Good luck!

·
Registered
435 Posts
^ What X said.
Also ChimChim, just so you and Spritle know, UberSELECT is the new name for UberPLUS in LA. It was standardized last month to align with the category names in other markets.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ChimChim,
The rate on Select is higher than X, but "making more money" is going to be more dependent on demand/surge for the vehicle type you're driving. You can ask Uber support (email or in person), to create a duplicate vehicle for you (2 total vehicles). Where 1 is just for X and 1 is just for Select. So you can manually sign in the app and choose which to drive to decide which would work best for you.

You can't go above Select (even if your car qualifies), unless you also get commercial insurance, registration, etc.

Good luck!
Very helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi ChimChim,

You can click on the link here to Uber LA's official website to learn more about Select:

Good luck!
Followed your directions and got it worked out. Three Select Trips followed... Marina Del Rey to Dodger Stadium, Venice Beach to Capitol Records in Hollywood and then Santa Monica to LAX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts