Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am considering getting into the business. I work a 8-5 job and am looking for something to make extra money on the side. I have a wedding and baby to save for. With that, I had a few questions:

1. Do I need special insurance or registation? Do I need to switch anything over?
2. Is there a way to see the amount of people in my area using lyft or Uber so I know if it's worth signing up?
3. I live in Massachusetts, do they have any particular laws or regulations I need to follow?
4. I live in mass but I work in New Hampshire, is it possible to sign up to drive in multiple states or only the one I live it? It would be nice to be able to increase my chances of fares.

Thank you for all the help you can provide me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I can't answer number 4 it would make sense that you need to register in each state but they may require state license plates & state driver's license.

The state has its own vehicle code and let you know how many passengers are allowed in your vehicle basic traffic laws. I don't know about Massachusetts but Illinois is letting overrun unregulated which makes it easier for a driver to get in.

Number 2 it was worth it in Chicago. But I have a different opinion and different requirements that makes things worth it there are disagreeing opinions. Go to a crowded bar one night hang out front near closing time talk to an uber driver in your area

I really don't know what is required I know what the state requires and I know what the finance company requires so I got liability and comprehensive. I have just your basic private vehicle insurance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts