Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving less than a week and so far I love it! I'm curious what kind of music everyone listens to while driving. Do you change it according to passengers? I'm in Wilmington, NC. Most of my passengers are college students. I got a 5 star rating plus a $5 tip from a girl today that happened to be a fellow Grateful Dead fan, I'm thinking having Jerry playing in the background would not be a bad thing, but maybe classical for professional looking PAX...thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Spotify because its so easy to find playlists that will adapt to your driving hours. You have the option to search music by moods. I prefer top 50 songs and Friday night club playlist.

Anyway music should be background noise unless the pax ask you to turn up the volume.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I normally do use Spotify, but it runs through the same device I'm using for Uber so it's a bit tricky when I'm driving, I had a PAX call me once and I couldn't hear him bc my aux was plugged in, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont have that problem because I use an android tablet with a data plan for Uber and I have my cellphone for music and calling.

Maybe you could buy a cheap phone,mp3 player or tablet that will only be there for music... or just listen to the radio ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup I was thinking of taking back my old iPhone from my son for the late nights, haha, he's asleep anyways!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have XM radio and usually keep it on the SPA channel. If a ride is over 10 minutes I hand the pax the XM guide and invite them to select a channel.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Talk Radio!

Reactions: Bart McCoy

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Pandora with something you like on it, my station plays songs like these.

As well as a multitude of other types, I live near a college and an area filled with young professionals, I get asked to turn it up all the time. I had a guy last night ask me to turn it up when this came on.

Surprised me as usually I'm the oldest person in my car and it was popular when I was in school lol.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
I've been driving less than a week and so far I love it! I'm curious what kind of music everyone listens to while driving. Do you change it according to passengers? I'm in Wilmington, NC. Most of my passengers are college students. I got a 5 star rating plus a $5 tip from a girl today that happened to be a fellow Grateful Dead fan, I'm thinking having Jerry playing in the background would not be a bad thing, but maybe classical for professional looking PAX...thoughts?
Went to a Grateful Dead Concert way back when at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, Calif. Don't remember much but my friends told me I had a great time. Could have been '77, '78, 0r '80...did I mention I didn't remember much :)

Whatever music you play, start at a low volume. Offer to change it (if you want, I offer).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pandora with something you like on it, my station plays songs like these.

As well as a multitude of other types, I live near a college and an area filled with young professionals, I get asked to turn it up all the time. I had a guy last night ask me to turn it up when this came on.

Surprised me as usually I'm the oldest person in my car and it was popular when I was in school lol.
Yes! I love all of that too! It's pretty close to what I have been listening to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went to a Grateful Dead Concert way back when at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, Calif. Don't remember much but my friends told me I had a great time. Could have been '77, '78, 0r '80...did I mention I didn't remember much :)

Whatever music you play, start at a low volume. Offer to change it (if you want, I offer).
Haha! I'm sure you did have a great time! One day a song will come on and if you're lucky you'll get a flashback!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I usually default to Watercolors on SiriusXM... its about as universally non-offensive as you can get. The Pulse if they are younger. Sometimes I forget to turn Howard Stern off before I arrive.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

If it was 1977 it was the first time they played a live Terrapin Station.

https://archive.org/details/gd1977-02-26.sbd.hamilton.2519.shnf

1 - 20 of 20 Posts